Standing for the National Anthem

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
anyways, about the topic, it doesn't bother me if someone doesn't stand up

i'll stand up because i love the country. i agree about not using the reason for not standing up because of political people/stuff that you don't like

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Sounds like a US problem lol. TBH i would not be super proud to perform our anthem, my country has a never ending cycle of blame towards the white people coming from the people of colour. The president (corrupt and proven,dont ban me) even said the main opposition party is going to reinstate apartheid cause they had a white leader. At least the presidenta party are really losing out in provincial elections. I think people should not have to stand for anything they are not proud of

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
If you don't stand as a way of saying that this country needs change, I say go for it. If you don't stand because you want to be a social media star and a general jackass then I say move on with your life.

I took a stand back in high school because a teacher told me I HAD to stand for the pledge of allegiance, and in my mind that's NOT the freedom we as Americans enjoy, so naturally the next day I didn't stand. It turned into this BIG deal with letters being sent to parents and then lawsuits from other students' parents etc etc...end of the day I won and it was a new policy to not have to stand, but damn did I stand every single time after that because Freedom! lol.

You want your red-blooded American flag covered heart to boil with patriotism? look up the video of the Marine carrying an American flag and being called out by some young dirty self-entitled pricks wearing sickle and hammer shirts. The one kid said he hoped the marine dies and that jihadists were the same as civilians and we don't need to be killing them. One of those videos were you know it wont happen but you fantasize exactly how'd you spend your time in jail after you beat that punk ass kid with a chair and strangled him with his communist tank top.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
I think people should not have to stand for anything they are not proud of
Hello; I do not think it is a law or enforceable rule. I do think it is a poor venue for such a protest. A bit too vague and an insult to a lot of good people. I get that some things are done wrong in the USA as in pretty much any other country. Sitting during the anthem at a football game has gotten a lot of press and discussion so far. I wonder what the personal cost will be for the QB. I feel a bit insulted as I have not had a hand in the stuff he is protesting and it is my flag and anthem.

the Marine carrying an American flag
I have a picture of a Marine sitting in a shell hole on the island of Iwo Jima hanging on my wall. He was my father and served in the pacific during WWII. A corps photographer caught up with him at the shell hole to get his picture as part of his getting a bronze star. He told me that a few minutes after the picture was taken he moved on, (he was a runner) but thirteen other Marines of his company were killed in that same shell hole.

I also have his company photo taken during training on my wall as it hung on my fathers wall while he was alive. I will display it while I live. Many of those men did not make it home. The anthem and flag is, in my view, for people such as them.

I can recall my fathers reaction back decades ago when flag burning was first shown on TV. Sitting during an anthem is not as bad as a burning, but still. At any rate I now know who will be last if the situation ever arises that I need to try to save people from a burning building. Let him sit.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Hello; I do not think it is a law or enforceable rule. I do think it is a poor venue for such a protest. A bit too vague and an insult to a lot of good people. I get that some things are done wrong in the USA as in pretty much any other country. Sitting during the anthem at a football game has gotten a lot of press and discussion so far. I wonder what the personal cost will be for the QB. I feel a bit insulted as I have not had a hand in the stuff he is protesting and it is my flag and anthem.
I agree fully

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
eddie and krich are my only two black friends

and i've never even met them

am i racist?
Not at all thats the point i was making about my buddy, i cant consider him racist for not liking white people when he said that i was the first cool one he met. Maybe he met all idiots. End of the day it was his honest feelings.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
There are good and bad people of any colour. It is just upbringing and personality.

Not at all thats the point i was making about my buddy, i cant consider him racist for not liking white people when he said that i was the first cool one he met. Maybe he met all idiots. End of the day it was his honest feelings.
Could be

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store