Kissing gourami full size?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Nah, they re great to get shy fish to be active, excellent clean-up crew, and eat algae too and will school with other catfish and cyprnids......I have a tank w/ groups of shoaling or schooling fish and I purchased the recommended about for each group, but not all survived, so a lot of random other fish seem to fill in the gaps and act as school-mates and band together w/ the groups that are missing their 3rd or 6th members - ARS, RTS and similarly behaving species like Shark-catfish all seem to complement each other in a community.

I'll get some pix.....I just need to get a buddy or 2 to hold a few extra lights on the tank for me cuz my lighting is weird and my shot never turn out good. RTS are cool man, they can also live with big aggressive fish if it's done right
I want to have a single rtbs. I just dont know what larger fish to put in

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I want to have a single rtbs. I just dont know what larger fish to put in
i'm settting up a small temporary tank right now for a 2" Redtail shark, 3" Polypterus senegalensis, 6 Albino Green Corydoras @2" and 2 baby Valentine Synodontis hybrids @2". I might try putting a handful of my largest Jewel cichlid fry (3/4" - 1") in the tank too. Still debating on the latter because this will be a tank for the weak, docile, bullied, or community/social fish - i'm calling it "THE NERDS TABLE" lololollol

It will also be used as a growout for stuff that hasn't been thriving or grown much in their "current growout" as a result of them being submissive or stressed animals, etc :D

Reactions: Hendre

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Does anyone have any ideas for a nice semi aggressive cichlid that fits in a 70?
(Not oscars)
i'm settting up a small temporary tank right now for a 2" Redtail shark, 3" Polypterus senegalensis, 6 Albino Green Corydoras @2" and 2 baby Valentine Synodontis hybrids @2". I might try putting a handful of my largest Jewel cichlid fry (3/4" - 1") in the tank too. Still debating on the latter because this will be a tank for the weak, docile, bullied, or community/social fish - i'm calling it "THE NERDS TABLE" lololollol

It will also be used as a growout for stuff that hasn't been thriving or grown much in their "current growout" as a result of them being submissive or stressed animals, etc :D
Ha

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
I used to have one about a foot in an old 70 tank with a port cichlid and a black shark. Incidently the black shark was fine with the others just out grew the tank pretty quicky,

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
IDK about a pair of anything .....I thought I heard Pink Kissers can't defend themselves because of their mouth shape, but I could be wrong
apparently they can pin RTC and oscars their own size down, i am thinking a GT or a pair of acara?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
i'd get some more opinions and do more research - I heard they were really punks.....not aggressive at all
Most people say they really can be aggressive as adults, and sizes vary.
I would like some fish be kept as a single or pair, and i saw my old teachers GT and it was STUNNING

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store