Mata Mata sources?

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
@frankcastle mata mata turtles are suction feeders, they generally ignore things that can't be swallowed whole, many zoological and private keepers have kept Suriname toads and Maya's together for many years without problems, mata Maya's are very different than other turtles both in physiology and behavior,there mouth is not suitable for chomping other creatures

TroyMIfishkeeper

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2015
Troy, Michigan USA
@frankcastle mata mata turtles are suction feeders, they generally ignore things that can't be swallowed whole, many zoological and private keepers have kept Suriname toads and Maya's together for many years without problems, mata Maya's are very different than other turtles both in physiology and behavior,there mouth is not suitable for chomping other creatures
But keep in mind that Matas can swallow prey whole that is pretty large in comparison to them...

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
No no no no, not at all.
I catch fish, quarantine them in a separate tank for a few weeks, THEN I house them with my Painted, Map, and YBS. And I haven't even been doing that for a while, since I released my Sunfish.
Any fish I house with the snapper eventually ends up eaten, regardless of size. I don't even attempt.
whered you release your sunfish out of curiousity...

blonde.for.life

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2009
findlay, ohio
I see them for sale pretty often on FB..the page is turtle and tortoise classifieds.. actually I just looked on there and outbackreptiles.com has some 4" ones for $275 + shipping..I've never dealt with them but thought I'd let you know..

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store