What happened to the shark keeper?

AR577

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2014
N.America
Where did the shark keepers go? This place used to be very active with intresting threads like egg hatchings. Are the shark keepers who made this place great still around.

#MakeSharkKeepingGreatAgain #SharkLivesMatter

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Many of the old schoolers have moved on to new projects.

I rarely get free to check in these days.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

L8braker

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2011
AVL, NC
Yep tore down my old tank because I couldn't keep it properly maintained with travel. I now have a little 300 gallon reef that is almost completely automated(will be before long).

If anyone wants a deal on a big tank let me know asap! ready to move that big beast hahaha 8ftx6ft foot print

Reactions: harris522

Riley S

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2014
Minneapolis
Yep tore down my old tank because I couldn't keep it properly maintained with travel. I now have a little 300 gallon reef that is almost completely automated(will be before long).

If anyone wants a deal on a big tank let me know asap! ready to move that big beast hahaha 8ftx6ft foot print
If MN was closer to NC I'd take you up on that. I imagine paying for freight shipping would quickly negate any "deal" to be had.

I'm still around, however I don't come on here much mainly because how the site is displaying on my computer.

SRC is pretty much dead except for one person that posts all the time. The FB group has more posts, but I'm not much of a FB person.

Reactions: L8braker

john.patton

Gambusia
Sep 7, 2016
I never realized there was a fb group although it doesn't surprise me that there is. Whats the name of that group if you don't mind. SRC is pretty quiet although there are a few people that still answer the occasional question.

AR577

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2014
N.America
I don't post on SRC but it is has the most interesting post, but not alot of action. Still has something.

Facebook is the same noob questions and I just got a egg or my egg hatched what to do type thing. Still not much activity and no real monster home aquariums. It isn't that active either. Facebook setup sucks.

I came to the conclusion that shark and ray keepers is a big group and no where is going to be real active.

My ranking
1) MFK even though it has been slow.
2)SRC
6)facebook

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store