Can anyone tell me what fish this is ?

Richard8oh8

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2016
Honolulu, Hawaii
Don't be surprised if those other fish you have in there start to drop off as dorado can be tireless bullies,at least in my experience.I have had them snatch food from the mouths of other fish and then have the nerve to chase them around afterward.Your dorado could reach a certain size and then become stunted and possibly live for a few years in that tank.

I was reading The Charcins and it said that it can last with healthy large peaceful fish as well. so far I've had him for about 4 weeks now and he dosnt seem to bother any of the other fish. Well I'm definitely going to do whatever i can to make things easier on him in the tank.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I was reading The Charcins and it said that it can last with healthy large peaceful fish as well. so far I've had him for about 4 weeks now and he dosnt seem to bother any of the other fish. Well I'm definitely going to do whatever i can to make things easier on him in the tank.
The characin sticky is a great information source,probably the best that you will find.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
A little bummed atm . The 200gal Is the biggest tank i have... i will be keeping him in here permanently.
Don't be discouraged. You will enjoy many good years with your dorado in the 200gal tank. They're one of my favorite fish

Reactions: krichardson

Richard8oh8

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2016
Honolulu, Hawaii
A get a snap frame kiddy pool,should last u a little bit

I wish i could! My apartment isn't big enough to hold a kiddy pool. there would be no place to walk lol.. I'm not in a good situation. i pretty much got ripped off. The guy told me this fish would not reach over 12inches... If i had known this was the ATF i would have not purchased him.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Richard8oh8

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2016
Honolulu, Hawaii
Don't be discouraged. You will enjoy many good years with your dorado in the 200gal tank. They're one of my favorite fish

Thanks for the positivity !!!! i loo forward to it! its a really vicious yet beautiful fish. Im stoked i only bought him for 80$ USC. I can't wait to see him mature, its going to be a really great experience.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store