Can anyone tell me what fish this is ?

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
If i had known this was the ATF i would have not purchased him.
It isn't and African tiger fish. Dorados are from South America. If you've been doing research on atf you've likely been mislead as far as attitude goes, but diet and tank requirements are pretty close I'd say.

Richard8oh8

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2016
Honolulu, Hawaii
It isn't and African tiger fish. Dorados are from South America. If you've been doing research on atf you've likely been mislead as far as attitude goes, but diet and tank requirements are pretty close I'd say.

Ahh i see. They look super similar. Im happy to know my tank is big enough!!!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Ahh i see. They look super similar. Im happy to know my tank is big enough!!!
Well,you are still in the same boat that you would have been if it was an ATF as both species are large growing, active characins and the dorado might even be more active than the tiger fish.

Richard8oh8

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2016
Honolulu, Hawaii
Well,you are still in the same boat that you would have been if it was an ATF as both species are large growing, active characins and the dorado might even be more active than the tiger fish.

Understood! Lol i had a brief moment of relief. No worries i amped up my filtration and I'm doing 40% weekly water changes. Im going to add to Magna salt to promote appetite as well other beneficial things as well. Feeling allot more confident then yesterday thats forsure!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store