Myersi

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Yeah ever harder Specs they hate each other and all others equally and are nasty nasty! Had a 5" female rip the entire bottom lip off the face of a 12" red dragon zz flowerhorn in a single bite, she took the top lip clean off as well with the second bite it blew my mind
Hopefully these two larger ones are a pair.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Do you know at what size these are sexually mature and how quickly they will bond?

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
very nice Mr. R......is that "C." Cichlasoma? I never really knew anything about these guys, I like learning about new species to me. They look like they could be a handful

Reactions: mrrobxc

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
very nice Mr. R......is that "C." Cichlasoma? I never really knew anything about these guys, I like learning about new species to me. They look like they could be a handful
Thanks Frank. The C is for Caquataia. It's a genus from SA that house three species called false basket mouths. They are heroine cichlids unlike Acaronia which are the true basket mouths and are aligned with the acaras. They are gape-and-suck piscivores. The other two are kraussi and spectabilis. Both happen to be available on vendor list right now.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Thanks Frank. The C is for Caquataia. It's a genus from SA that house three species called false basket mouths. They are heroine cichlids unlike Acaronia which are the true basket mouths and are aligned with the acaras. They are gape-and-suck piscivores. The other two are kraussi and spectabilis. Both happen to be available on vendor list right now.
as in Caquetaia umbriferum? No wonder they are vicious

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
I am interested to see how you get on with them, always wanted a pair of spectabilis, and now I have been given the go ahead for another tank.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
I am interested to see how you get on with them, always wanted a pair of spectabilis, and now I have been given the go ahead for another tank.
I will be sure to do updates along the way. Funny because I'm debating adding spectabilis or kraussi to my other tank. Had issues with losing spectabilis on two separate occasions after watching them die after dislocating their jaws in a fight with tankmates.

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
I have heard of that happening before, if I get some it will be a pair in the tank only

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store