Favorite LFS "CUSTOMER" STORIES ...

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
I think anyone who has worked in a LFS has a million of these..

Anyways, a guy came in the other day, and bought some clown loaches.. (twice my age, already knows more about fish than me based on this)

Inquired about 'dwarf angelfish'.. I chuckled, said no.. "we must be all sold out".. he continued on, to educate my young self on the wonderful world of 'dwarf angelfish'.. apparently if you were born after 1980 you probably wouldn't know much about the dwarf angelfish, and so obviously you would want to hear all about them because your young, stupid, and work for a corporate pet store. ;)

I told him about our guarantee on the Clown Loaches, as they just came in a few days earlier, and I am a nice guy like that..

He told me he would 'climatize' them very well when he got them home.. I smirked, continued on with some good advice, made sure I threw the word 'acclimate' out there for him... he ensures me as he's leaving the department that he will 'emacitize' them for a long time.. :screwy:

Just so happens, I was the ole' back-up cashier to help him on his merry way.. We chatted a bit more, I asked him some silly questions just for S&Gs to see what kind of ridiculous retorts I would get. It was a fun time for all (mainly me, at his expensive).. but on the way out he told me again, and I quote "I will 'emancipate' them real well when I get 'em home!"...:ROFL:

So now our happy troop of clown loaches will live happily ever after with their dwarf angelfish, but only after adjusting to wheather changes, struggling with eating disorders, and becoming independant of their parent and/or guardian before the age of 18.

The End.

ceeej31

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
New England
my favorite people are the ones that when you ask them what kind of fish they have in their tank they answer "oh i have a blue one, a green one, and orange one, and a suckerfish."
or the people who are amazed at the size of the plecos we sell (the biggest one ive seen for sale was about 6"):grinno:

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
Don't get me wrong but it almost seems that you boh wre messing with each other at each other expense. either way good story.

synodontisjack

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2008
England, London
funny story, in fairness to him he might have meant pterophyllum leopoldi when he said dwarf angelfish they grow about an inch smaller than scalare so still far from dwarf.

synodontisjack

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2008
England, London
i dont work in an lfs but i love it when noobs insist they are right like in an lfs by me one of the guys i know who works there had to tell this woman that an oscar would not live in a 10g and she insisted she had friends who were 'fish experts' who told her it could. Anyway she got soooooo anoyed when he wouldnt sell it to her and started ranting about how they sold poor quality clown fish which died as soon as you got them he asks her what the salinity and size of the tank are and she says "what do you mean by salinity" and he says how much salt do you put in she just looks at him really strangely and he explains about how they need salt, but she still insists that they can be acclimatised to freshwater and just leaves.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store