Favorite LFS "CUSTOMER" STORIES ...

fishmastermike

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2008
Barnegat, NJ
i went to petsmart and i am only 12 and i was smarter than them they were like ooooohhhhhhhhhh your son is very smart to my dad. i was just sitting there thinking "all i did was read the box" literally that is how stupid petsmart people are they have their dragon gobies listed under 30 gallon tank in fresh water! and they dont feed their fish the right stuff also they have oscars and other agressive fish under semi agressive

fishmastermike

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2008
Barnegat, NJ
dragonfish;2321863; said:
Here is one of my favorites.
Customer: I'ld like three pacu please.
Me: Sure, you must have a really big tank.
Customer: Yes I do, 30 gallons.
Me: You realize that each one of these will get as big as that tank?
Customer: They don't have to get that big.
Me: Then I'm sorry, I don't have to sell them.
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: i love when people do that kinda stuff

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
fishmastermike;2322707; said:
i went to petsmart and i am only 12 and i was smarter than them they were like ooooohhhhhhhhhh your son is very smart to my dad. i was just sitting there thinking "all i did was read the box" literally that is how stupid petsmart people are they have their dragon gobies listed under 30 gallon tank in fresh water! and they dont feed their fish the right stuff also they have oscars and other agressive fish under semi agressive
that reminds me how it bothers when employees at these store try hard to adhere by the peaceful/semi-aggressive/aggressive tags on their fish. I have heard them say that you can mix peaceful with peaceful, aggressive with aggressive, etc. The problem with this of course, is that they will list, for example red devils and oscars as aggressive, but in reality that are far from ideal tankmates as oscars aren't particularly aggressive, but I've had employees lecture me on these sort of mixes all the time

spin420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
Mililani, Hawaii
Cichlaholics Anonymous;2323071; said:
but in reality that are far from ideal tankmates as oscars aren't particularly aggressive
I agree, most people I've talked to still believe that Oscars are highly aggressive and I think part of this misconception is because most people keep them in cramped environments. :irked:

likestofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
Duluth, GA
went to the store today and a lady comes in and asks if she can keep a SALTWATER shark in a fishbowl. So we tell her no then she asks about a angelfish and we say no. So then her significant other thinks we were rude and acts likes an ass and thhey all leave the fish section.

PeacockKeeper

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2008
Sacramento
Well, I hang out at my local fish stores once a week checking out their stocks and happened to saw a tank full of 1-inch little peacocks one day. I know there are different kinds of peacocks bass species and just wanted to know if he knew what species they were. I asked one of the employee that had helped me out a couple of time:

Me: What kind of peacock bass are these little guys?
Employee: I'm not sure but I think they're AMAZONIAN!!!
Me: Are you serious? (Acting Surprised)
Em: Yeah!
Me: DAMNNNNNNNNNN!!! That's cool
(He leaves for a few minutes and comes back)
Em: Actually, they're BRAZILIAN!

That's when I knew I had to leave.

The sad thing is he talks to me everytime I go into that store and we sort of became friends.

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
Not really fish related but it happened at a fish store lol

I wqas at this fish store in a bigger city. It's a locally owned deal (gotta support them) and they had this 125 setup they were trying to sell. Well the black girl walks in and asks if she can put money down and they hold it. Well after awhile she leaves and the guy who owns the store comes in and they start talking about the tank and he says "you know the black girl that comes in here with the braids in her hair" and the owner looks at him and says "Is that something like the white guy that comes in with the tattoos?!" and With this place being very small and I was the only other person in there I heard this all and lost it.

Camshaft Ramrod

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 10, 2008
Orlando, FL
I once had to talk a female customer out of suicide right there in the store. No joke.
All of her crabs died and she was hysterical threatening suicide right there on the floor.

--------

Also had a customer get bittin on the hand by a hermit crab after I told her not to put it in her hand like that. She screamed and cried for help. All of the customers from all over the store came over to see what was happening. And I was just standing there with my arms crossed. She had it coming. I eventually got it off. I got written statements from witnesses stating how she was an idiot drama queen crying for attention.

--------

I also had customer get into a fight with me because he thought I was racist. He was 5th in line for help. He thought he should have gotten helped first. I told him that he was fifth in line so he was going to helped 5th. He told me he was standing there before everyone (wich he wasnt). When I told him I didnt see him he said," What!? You dont see this COLOR?" I told him I wasnt the one who was racist...He came back later that day and dumped oil in our pond killing all of our fish.

--------
I also had a customer come in one time grab a trash can, stick it in the middle of the floor, drop trow and crap in it. It was a big one too.
I grabbed one of my managers handed him a glove and said, " This is why you get paid the big bucks. It's all yours."

I have plenty of stories. These were just SOME of the ones before I became Manager.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store