platinum = blah

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRM

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2009
RI USA/Brisbane AUS
I really cannot understand the appeal of a platinum fish. You take every beautiful design that has been sculpted by billions of years of evolution that make this animal distinct and you breed it all out into this enamel colored boring thing. What is it that makes them so sought after, they're so boring?!? Is it really just a matter or rarity that gets people going. Would you even buy them if you couldn't post pictures online for the "omg so jealous" responses you'll get on forums?

flossyfloofloo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2008
nottingham england
i like plats for the rarity but wouldnt keep any myself i prefer natural tanks and natural fish

i see soo many 'coloured' varieties and it just makes 'most' (and i mean most) look like they belong in kids programmes

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Each to their own buddy,i like them because they are different,simple as that but wether i would pay a four figure sum to have one is a different matter:D

steve

peewee

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2009
Behind you
i'd say that it's the uniqueness among its own kind that lures people to buy one

syddakyd

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
NY
^yea it was clearly a stab at him

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
do i sence jealousy?!?!? :)
i like them just for the variety. i would love a plat or xanthic or even melanistic gar just because its different

nomad

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2008
Colorado
LRM;3799748; said:
I really cannot understand the appeal of a platinum fish. You take every beautiful design that has been sculpted by billions of years of evolution that make this animal distinct and you breed it all out into this enamel colored boring thing. What is it that makes them so sought after, they're so boring?!? Is it really just a matter or rarity that gets people going. Would you even buy them if you couldn't post pictures online for the "omg so jealous" responses you'll get on forums?
have you seen a true platinum fish in person ?

Vicious_Fish;3799873; said:
Way to insult the Admin of this great site. ;)
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
i think platinum fish are neat, but i cant afford them so thats why i dont own any. but to go out of your way and make a thread about how you "dislike" them can only mean one thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store