Status
Not open for further replies.

bomber

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
the Office living in the now...
jcardona1;3799893; said:
i think platinum fish are neat, but i cant afford them so thats why i dont own any. but to go out of your way and make a thread about how you "dislike" them can only mean one thing...

This has got tobe one of the funniest reponses ever!:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Tom

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
LRM;3799748; said:
I really cannot understand the appeal of a platinum fish. You take every beautiful design that has been sculpted by billions of years of evolution that make this animal distinct and you breed it all out into this enamel colored boring thing.
It's funny, you talk about the beautiful design that sculpted all creatures.
Is it not the same design, the same mutation that has created these "platinum" creatures?

Just because you do not appreciate an animal for it's appearance does not make it boring.

Personally, a snow white animal is quite appealing to me. :)
Something about it being so clean.

There is beauty in all creatures. We must have an open mind to truly value each for it's own distinct difference.

LRM

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2009
RI USA/Brisbane AUS
Wow, I guess I really riled up some people. I still don't understand the appeal. Stump, I'm not jealous and as for disrespect why bother? I don't find them appealing, I try to understand what other people see in them because I don't want to miss something that maybe I'd like if I looked harder.

I've seen this same thing in the invert hobby too. There were spiders that people would go nuts over. I'd look at them and think yea, they're kinda neat, but people would throw paychecks at dealers to have them. I just couldn't ever understand the appeal

If you look for insults, you'll find them. Even when they aren't there.

Stump

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2008
Bichir Alley
It's one thing to have a genuine interest in why people find them interesting, when you yourself don't.

It's another to go out of your way to make a thread to tell people you don't like them, tell them you think their fish are boring, and then ask them with multiple question marks and exclamation points why they like them.

I find it totally disrespectful at worst, and very inconsiderate at best.

Err

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2009
Austin Texas
IDK, I really do prefer wild fish....from wild discus to trimac's but the there are two selectively breed fish that just float my boat, the long finned Oscars and Super Red Texas. So if somone els pop's a chubby over a platinum fish I cant blame them, not my cup of tea but who am I to judge.:headbang2

Gobrian44

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2009
Around.....
Supply and Demand....welcome to America lol

BadFishPa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Erie - Pennsylvania
Fish,aquarium styles,and decor are all about the persons preferences. Platinums look cool,the golds are too. But its not my thing,i like stripes ,dashes of colors and etc like most Sa/Ca cichlids fans i am sure do. But i guarentee my fish bore the crap out of some people..Thats why they are free to get whatever they enjoy.. I guess i would say. (Its A Fish Thang) You wouldent understand.. lmao!

LRM

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2009
RI USA/Brisbane AUS
Stump;3801186; said:
It's one thing to have a genuine interest in why people find them interesting, when you yourself don't.

It's another to go out of your way to make a thread to tell people you don't like them, tell them you think their fish are boring, and then ask them with multiple question marks and exclamation points why they like them.

Bit of a drama queen aren't ya.

Aridd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2009
Oregon
could say the same about you buddy, making a thread just to hate on some exclusiveness.

aloys

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2009
Syracuse
Stump;3801186; said:

What are you talking about, the OP was not full of question marks and exclamation points. I don't think he was doing it to to harass people or anything he was just trying to start a conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store