Death of a giant

akskirmish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2006
anchorage
Well really the worse day of fishkeeping to date...Hadn't wanted to say anything...But over the last few days my big TT eel tried to get out of his tank(which he hasn't tried for well over two years now)....I have some serious weight up on my lids....He damaged himself pretty good and ended up with a nasty blood spot just underneath his skin on the top of his head.......4 days later and multiple outbreaks of other problems (skin irratations,and what looked to bacterial infec.,etc,etc) he started to just kinda bleed out from the inside out......So needless to say time ran out for him...

I am so damn bummed........Couldn't bring myself to take pics really...But will post a pic once I get film developed of me holding my big boy for the last time...

I took measurements of said eel....Solid 37.5 inch tire track.....:irked:

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
=( Sorry to Hear. It's always hard losing one of the favorites. And particularly one you raise yourself. WoW at the size.. and rather see him still swimming and only able to guess =( I hope the rest of the tank is fine.

we4wieners

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2010
Atlantic City, N.J.
I just checked your pics of your TT. He is beautiful...so sorry man!!!

akskirmish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2006
anchorage
MonsterMinis;4377750; said:
=( Sorry to Hear. It's always hard losing one of the favorites. And particularly one you raise yourself. WoW at the size.. and rather see him still swimming and only able to guess =( I hope the rest of the tank is fine.

Thanks...He responded to nothing.....Just laid there and got worse over the days.....One of the biggest I have ever seen...it will show when I post up the one pic....

The other 4 fish in tank are fine with no signs of anything wrong at all.....:eek:

akskirmish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2006
anchorage
we4wieners;4377758; said:
I just checked your pics of your TT. He is beautiful...so sorry man!!!
HEhe...Appreciated.....That pics is still looking bad...he had just beaten himself up at the time of that pic....Last time I agreed to photograph him....he looked much better than them pics......

Time to order new eel...I'm thinking a pair of fire eel's this time around....

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Go with a trio.. So far my guys are pushing 12-18"+ respectively and the aggression is handlable. Unless you can get your hands on a bonded pair already. I have what I think is 1 female and 2 males ( 2 smaller ones who scuffle the most).. I will seperate the extra male soon as I'm 100% of the pair. If I knew how to ship I'de offer him to you. Whatever you end up getting.. You'll Enjoy them. And they'll get a good owner.

akskirmish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2006
anchorage
MonsterMinis;4377837; said:
Go with a trio.. So far my guys are pushing 12-18"+ respectively and the aggression is handlable. Unless you can get your hands on a bonded pair already. I have what I think is 1 female and 2 males ( 2 smaller ones who scuffle the most).. I will seperate the extra male soon as I'm 100% of the pair. If I knew how to ship I'de offer him to you. Whatever you end up getting.. You'll Enjoy them. And they'll get a good owner.
Trio huh.......Never really thought of that adventure...I use to keep a mated pair when I first got into fish kkeeping that a guy raised for 3 years before me.......But lack of experience at that time ended up killing them eels.......I learned alot before I got my TT....So I may just take on the trio.....

Appreciate offer on shipping......Must be very experienced fish shipper to ship to my state...Not many can pull it off.......

Thanks for the words of encouragement at this time......

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store