Death of a giant

akskirmish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2006
anchorage
TheFishJunky;4377971; said:
I hate losing prized fish. I feel your pain.
Thanks...I'm still baffled that he is gone........I have had alot of nice fish over the last 5 years...But nothing compared to this guy in my eyes.....

I have to get the film developed later today and get it onto a disk...then I shall post up the last pic of my giant....

duster1971

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2009
Iowa
Sorry for the loss must be truly gutting I've lost some nice fish nuthing comparing to the beuty or size of your TT. Again truly gutted for you.

bahamaqt00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
kirkland wa
Aww sorry to hear this! He was a monster! At what size did you get him? I have one at about 6" now and he is growing like crazy, didn't realize the growth rate. Luckily I am prepared with large tanks :D What size tank was he in? Good luck with the rest of your fish and hopefully you can get another eel and raise him that big, obviously you're doing something right!

Sorry again, it's never easy looking a fish, especially one you are attached to.

akskirmish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2006
anchorage
bahamaqt00;4378040; said:
Aww sorry to hear this! He was a monster! At what size did you get him? I have one at about 6" now and he is growing like crazy, didn't realize the growth rate. Luckily I am prepared with large tanks :D What size tank was he in? Good luck with the rest of your fish and hopefully you can get another eel and raise him that big, obviously you're doing something right!

Sorry again, it's never easy looking a fish, especially one you are attached to.
It's been awhile....But he was roughly 2 to 3 inch when I first got him.Tank was a standard 220 gal.was getting ready to move him in a day or two to a 270 gal.He lived most of his life in a standard 125 gal basically solo for a few years. After I introduced a tube for him to hide in...he never came out other than to feed...Hence the 270 being setup..I was going to change that...But I guess he didn't like that idea very much.......:screwy:

Good luck with your TT....Raw seafood diet goes along ways.......Also here for help or tips if ever needed.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store