free big catfish need homes/trip to washington to save them

bigrich545

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
cleveland,ohio
www.facebook.com
ilovereeftank;4529176; said:
wow, so the catfish were not free after all, well worth it for sure plus the experience,

and by the way did you guys buy stock in tom digital temp gauge's and air pumps? lol
SMILE, im guessing that you are refering to the stuff on the wall by my dogbone tank, no, i bought a bunch of stuff from a auction, from a pet store that closed down, it was called aquarium authority on ridge raod by I 480, that is where i got all the D.A.S. tanks from and a storeroom full of stock, ive been selling it on ebay for 8 months now, if anyone from MFK wants a aquaminder, ill sell them for 9.99, and a tetratec deepwater dw96-2 air pump, ill sell them for 45.00, just pm me, i will also sell the 3 D.A.S. tanks 2 of them are 300 gallon ill sell them for 600ea and the 750 gallon dogbone tank ill sell for 1500.

DSC07787.JPG

DSC08424.JPG

new2natives

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2007
ohio
Maybe do a quick rundown of the fish that were picked up ... dimensions of transport tank, dimensions of final pond and filtration, and time / cost involved.

And any funny stories along the way

bigrich545

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
cleveland,ohio
www.facebook.com
new2natives;4529276; said:
Maybe do a quick rundown of the fish that were picked up ... dimensions of transport tank, dimensions of final pond and filtration, and time / cost involved.
here is a list of the fish that was picked up
2 catfish 30"-34"
4 Hybrid Catfish 32"-40"
4 Marbled Sailfin catfish 20"-30"
2 Pangasius (Iridescent Sharks) 24"-30"
5 Niger Catfish 30"-38"
2 pacu 24"-30"
now these sizes really dont do them justice, when you see them and find out that the nigers are as big around as basketballs, its a different story then, in the delivery to the pool 1 fish, a large niger broke through the net, we threw a towel over him and josh and i lifted him up into the pool,
the rest went smooth

the dimensions of transport tank was 8'7"long x 4'7" wide x 44" tall with a inside diameter of 8' x 4'x 44" that is a total of 800 gallons

the dimensions of the pool that i have them in for now is a 12' diameter pool x 33" high which equals 1950 gallons, but i did not fill it to the top, it is about 6" from the top so maybe 1700 gallons,

as for filtration, we have the pool filter on there that comes with the pool, it is a cartidge filter, then as a temporary setup, we used walmart tubs, there is a aquaclear 70 powerhead running water into it, through the fiber floss and gravity feeding back into the tank. that is the same setup i have on my 15' pool and my pool is always clean and crystal clear.
then we have another tub for biological filtration that is full of bio balls that i stole from many other filters in my fishroom, i took half of the bio balls from every wet dry filter i have and replaced them with new, so now i filled the tub with bacteria enriched bioballs, made a spreader for the water and again drilled holes in the bottom of the tub and gravity fed the water back to the pool, so thats 3 different filters on there now, but they are all just temporary, we are in the progress of building the right filtration for the pool, ill take some pics and post them also,
bigrich

bigrich545

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
cleveland,ohio
www.facebook.com
new2natives;4529276; said:
any funny stories along the way ?
well there was this one thing, in montana, they were switching drivers and josh had gotten out of the back of the truck and was going to now sit in front so that whoever was driving up to that point, could norw lay down in thew back, well richie and ricky went into the gas station/store, and josh had stood up and actually fainted and fell down, so a bunch of people were helping him up asking him whats wrong as richie and rick were coming back to the truck, one lady accussed richie and rick of getting a minor drunk, joshie is only 15, so richie and rick walked into this whole situation not knowing that josh had just fainted, a little yelling started and josh told everyone he was not drunk (they thought he fell from being drunk) well people were smelling his breath and after all was done richie told them off because why did you have to jump to the wrost possible outcome, why didnt you all try to help him, so anyways josh thought it was funny as hell, he thinks that maybe he fainted from sleeping in back with the smell of the prime water conditioner (which is pretty bad) and then just stood up to fast or just not enough sleep. but hes been fine since. and richie dont like montana now :) or at least the peple he met in montana :) rick said it was crazy, he came out and dont know anyone, has not done anything to anyone and people were mad at him, he said it was something out of the twilight zone
bigrich

hbluehunter

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2007
Lynnwood, Wa.
Glad to hear all these cats are in new good homes.. I'll miss going to check them out at their old place..

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
Cool glad to see a new thread. The only thing that I would have loved to see picture wise is when you were either putting the fish into the transport tank or getting them out back home I would have loved to see some pics with a tapemeasure on some of the bigger guys.

but I know I'll be up there soon enough to check them out in person..

bigrich545

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
cleveland,ohio
www.facebook.com
we were too worried about getting them into the pool before they broke the net again :) we had to tie it up twice because the nigers just shredded it
bigrich

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store