Red Mangroves for the Win!

KellyFrancis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2012
Somerset WI
So after a week of back and forth emails and a week of losing contact with the vendor, I finally got my mangroves today! So happy!!

Prepping for the new plants:

Step 1: Make sure the cats won't knock over the acclimation zone. Check.

IMG_2384.JPG

IMG_2388.JPG

Alternate Acclimation Zone:

IMG_2389.JPG

Step 2: Stupid proof the supplies. Check.

IMG_2385.JPG

IMG_2387.JPG

Step 3: Drive up and down the driveway half a dozen times and stake out the mailbox until the mailman arrives. Check.

IMG_2390.JPG

Step 4: Extricate the goods. Check.

IMG_2392.JPG

IMG_2394.JPG

Step 5: Wait.

IMG_2395.JPG

The planters are to follow. The vendor was missing some parts so he sent me the mangroves so I could get them acclimating. They were growing in water that is very slightly brackish (SG 1.010 or so) and it will take 6 weeks or more to get them fully acclimated to the desired SG of 1.025 before they can go in the tank that will be their future home. My plan is to add one Tablespoon of Marine Salt every week until they are fully acclimated. I don't know how long it will take but here's hoping that it will be painfully slow enough.

IMG_2388.JPG

IMG_2389.JPG

IMG_2384.JPG

IMG_2385.JPG

IMG_2387.JPG

IMG_2390.JPG

IMG_2392.JPG

IMG_2394.JPG

IMG_2395.JPG

KellyFrancis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2012
Somerset WI
Disaster strikes already! In the form of Baby Girl! I should have known better....... :irked:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: My babies!!

IMG_2397.JPG

IMG_2396.JPG

They now sit in alternate acclimation zone A (hope there's enough light):

IMG_2398.JPG

IMG_2399.JPG

IMG_2396.JPG

IMG_2397.JPG

IMG_2398.JPG

IMG_2399.JPG

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
They're just HUGE!! I never expected them to be so big!

:ROFL: can you say "thats what she said?" i just dont have a sig big enough....i may just have to link a thread to kellyisums....

so your even telling me about chances to laugh at you now. i'd have found this gem without your advertizement. (that is a spell check approved inventated word there)

KellyFrancis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2012
Somerset WI
:ROFL: can you say "thats what she said?" i just dont have a sig big enough....i may just have to link a thread to kellyisums....

so your even telling me about chances to laugh at you now. i'd have found this gem without your advertizement. (that is a spell check approved inventated word there)
..................You're officially dead to me........................

That is NOT why I told you to come over here and you know it! :nono::duh:

On a more serious note...What do you think? The question now is do the openings the mangroves require in the tank constitute a dead eel?

Nereus7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2012
USA
Wait a minute, what happened? Is that cat damage or something? - N

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store