Not eating as much

NationsMostWanted

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2012
Fresno CA
Been awhile since I posted by my FH is about a year old now in his tank. I noticed the past few months he isn't as hungry as he used to be? When he was small he used to rush for his food. Now it seems like he eats a little that's it. He seems to be healthy and moves around quite a bit and water changes has been good as well weekly.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Riftraft

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2012
Upstate NY
Is his poop normal? Water params ok? And also, it's good to fast flowerhorn once in a while. I usually do it once a month for 2-3 days. Helps build natural enzymes back up and let's them clear out their digestive system.

Source310

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2010
Phoenix az
You had to treat him for Hex with Metro.

If hes not eating then you might have to buy "Clear" . You can find it at aquacraze's website

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mastiffman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2010
MI.
TropheusAndMore.com
I used general cure that has metro but made no difference that's why I wondering if he has a whole different issue

Okay, got it. Wat kind of filtration on the tank?

Also, I would think that IF Anything it would probably be some mort of Bacterial infection. And for that I would Defintely use Kanaplex! It's made by SeaChem and is a Fantastic product! it can be diluted in heated tank water and then administered right into the water. The Meds are absorbed immedaitely and directly into the skin of the fish. Interanl parasite woudn't make sense really as that is something more found in WC fish as an issue. I would be doing water changes of 50% every other day on this treatment. You can dose upto 3 times every two days and 3 more doses after that IF you don't see a change.

You could also smash some high quality pellet food into a past using 3% solution (1tbsp/2cups of Distilled water) and a little bit of minced garlic in with that. Then use a Syringe and Medical IV line to administer this to him 2 times a day for 3-5 days. See if that helps.

once again, these are Merely Suggestions and I take no responsibility for any issues caused from this treatment. although I don't see why it woudl harm the fish if done properly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store