What fish to go in turtle pond?

Grandcandy123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2012
Western Kentucky
Hey guys! I am getting a 540 gallon pond set up for my 6 inch red eared slider. I was wondering, what kind of fish can I put in with him? I thought about peacock bass, but I don't know.. any suggestions? Thanks guys!!

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
Hey guys! I am getting a 540 gallon pond set up for my 6 inch red eared slider. I was wondering, what kind of fish can I put in with him? I thought about peacock bass, but I don't know.. any suggestions? Thanks guys!!
What are the dimensions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
It will be cool water, and outside. It is 3 foot deep, 3 foot wide, and 8 foot long.
You can throw two largemouth bass and a mess of bluegill to feed to the turtle and bass. Stock the bluegill first then the turtle and then the bass

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
That's what I would do. Have it all natives.
You could always go with Koi too.
Ya but the width is a bit tight as koi can get like 4'. The op could even do the stocking mentioned above and add a koi or two maybe. The forage fish will be eaten off more than likely leaving space for the koi. You could even do the two bass, about 20 bluegill or more and possibly 4 comet goldfish as they are like koi but smaller

fishbum

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2007
Antarctica
I'm gonna say a 4' Koi is like a 18'' Oscar. They don't exist. Koi do get large, but they will not get bigger than around 30''.

The pond the OP is building is 3' deep x 3' wide x 8' long.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store