What fish to go in turtle pond?

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
I'm gonna say a 4' Koi is like a 18'' Oscar. They don't exist. Koi do get large, but they will not get bigger than around 30''.

The pond the OP is building is 3' deep x 3' wide x 8' long.
Ya ha that is true even though some people on here say that certain fish need huge tanks because the record fish of that species got that big. Not often to occur nor will it ever occur in a home aquarium.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Um 30" koi carps do existed and there are some 40" ones but that's uncommon. But they existed.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Lol. I think that for any of these fish to reach these sizes is rare, but its possible. Which some people achieve but its rare

The only reason they don't reach full size is because people ram them into small tanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
The only reason they don't reach full size is because people ram them into small tanks

If you grew up in a broom cupboard with bad air and bad food one of two things will happen
1. You won't grow to full size
2. You won't live very long

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
If you grew up in a broom cupboard with bad air and bad food one of two things will happen
1. You won't grow to full size
2. You won't live very long

Once again for the record. Fish and humans are entirely different. I dont understand how people can constantly relate them when they are nothing alike. But even if people dont "cram" them into small tanks there are a lot of other varying factors. So just in general captive species do not reach their full sizes, and thats on average. Some do reach full size and some have been known to exceed their estimated maximum size. But once again this is very rare

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Fish and humans is a pretty darn good comparison as there was a 10 yr old girl rescued from living in a closet her whole life that was the size of a 4yr old. Good enough comparison lol? Sickening but true. Was on the news a year ago.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Once again for the record. Fish and humans are entirely different. I dont understand how people can constantly relate them when they are nothing alike. But even if people dont "cram" them into small tanks there are a lot of other varying factors. So just in general captive species do not reach their full sizes, and thats on average. Some do reach full size and some have been known to exceed their estimated maximum size. But once again this is very rare

So now you are an expert?

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Just FYI I have seen a 50" Koi with my own eyes and the largest carp caught are all ~4.5 feet..
Doesn't mean all koi reach these sizes but they will grow huge and their bioload is insane.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store