LED light recommendation!!!

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
What kind of tank are you using it on(salt, reef, planted, fw fish only)? I have a current-usa satellite+ on my lightly planted cichlid tank and couldn't be happier. I had the marineland double-bright before the satellite+ and the difference is night and day. I do not know salt so I can't comment on that but for fresh you want a full spectrum fixture, blue/white fixtures such as the double bright and beamworks equivalent will make your fish look washed out and lwave you disappointed.

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
What kind of tank are you using it on(salt, reef, planted, fw fish only)? I have a current-usa satellite+ on my lightly planted cichlid tank and couldn't be happier. I had the marineland double-bright before the satellite+ and the difference is night and day. I do not know salt so I can't comment on that but for fresh you want a full spectrum fixture, blue/white fixtures such as the double bright and beamworks equivalent will make your fish look washed out and lwave you disappointed.
I have beamswork single brights and I love them. I don't think they make my fish looked washed out at all. Here is my juvi festae for reference.
uploadfromtaptalk1378338015168.jpg
This is with my SLR with no flash. That being said the new satellite LEDs do look amazing and the color options are a huge plus. I might try them after the timer comes out, but I will never part with my beamswork lights!

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
You like to save money but you bought Marineland lights Pretty spendy compared to Beamworks or Satellite...
He probably bought those before much was known about the beamswork lights and before the satellites existed

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
I have both the Marineland and Aqueon and I like the Aqueon much better. The latter is modular so you buy the length you need and can add 1 or 2 strips to go double or triple bright. Seeing as this light is on a growout tank, the single is adequate for my needs.

Marineland is ok, just not as flexible and a little pricey.

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
I've been eyeballing those new Satellite LEDs with the remote control. Last time I checked there was a good sale on them at foster and smith, look way cooler than the marineland and beamswork blue and white LED fixtures I have and you can customize the light color they put out to a ridiculous degree.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Empire932

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2013
Oahu,hawaii
Im using the current-usa+
I have nothing to compare it to as this is my first LED light fixture, I have the 48" model on a 55g,
What I love about it is that you can make minor adjustments of any of the colors, at night i like to keep my tank very dim so from off i just go one click up on the white, perfect!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store