Home fire, 600 gallon acrylic tank melted

clekchau

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
tx
www.clekchau.com
Summary: House burned to the ground last week, started in aquarium room, cause still under investigation.

I was out of town on business thank god wife and daughter got out ok they barely found each other and made it. Unfortunately all our possessions and precious inside animals perished including 4 dogs, 3 parrots, 2 cats and thousands of dollars worth of mature saltwater and freshwater fish.

Before the fire

Fire:

After the fire:

Back of house

Aquarium room burned to the ground, steel stand remains but everything else including entire aquarium melted

Fire Marshall and investigator still do not know what caused fire...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Oh my god.... I am so sorry for the loss. MFKers lets pull together snd help this member out. What can we do to help you?

Sent from Samsung 4G Microwave

Reactions: Rossy

clekchau

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
tx
www.clekchau.com
Thanks for the thoughts. We are ok wife had a nervous breakdown and had to get her counseling, she saw and heard the animals burning and tried to save them but was held back by police. We will be ok trying to deal with insurance, finding a place, being strong for family etc

If anything you MTKers use this as a wake up call to check your fire alarms, electrical outlets and equipment, etc you never think this could happen to you but ... Yeah

freebyrd

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2010
Virginia
Dude that's insane I can't imagine how you must feel, I love my animals like my own family...that was a really nice tank setup I remember seeing it and hoping to have something like that one day. I hope you get your stuff replaced and home rebuilt with no problems

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Good Lord!...sorry for your loss and hope your wife fully recovers.

jeremoose

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2011
Canada
Thanks for the thoughts. We are ok wife had a nervous breakdown and had to get her counseling, she saw and heard the animals burning and tried to save them but was held back by police. We will be ok trying to deal with insurance, finding a place, being strong for family etc

If anything you MTKers use this as a wake up call to check your fire alarms, electrical outlets and equipment, etc you never think this could happen to you but ... Yeah

Were the smoke detectors in working in order? It's crazy to think that the whole place burned to the ground before anybody could get there to help :( So sad.

clekchau

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
tx
www.clekchau.com
Not sure by the time wife and daughter woke up entire house was full of white smoke they could not see in the house. Fire started at 3 am and was not put out until 11 am, they closed off entire street.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store