Sandpoint filter help!!!

lunker65

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2013
Virginia
so i just got a sandpoint power trickle filter for free and was trying to do some research on it and have found absolutely nothing. i have no idea how this thing works. if anyone has any info on this thing i would definitely appreciate it!!

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
That is a very old filter, similar to ocean clear filters. You can do a google search on how they are used. Basically, water flows from the tank into the top of the filter, trickles down and then is pumped back to the aquarium. Was an external pump included with the unit?

lunker65

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2013
Virginia
yes i got an external pump with it. i also got an ocean clear 340 with it. im trying to figure out how to plumb this whole thing together. the sandpoint is full of bio media right now. it also has some sort of spinning spray bar in it lol. did it come like this?

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Yes, the spinning spray bar was a selling feature. I forgot about this till I saw the picture. They were around (not popular) in the late 80's early 90's.

lunker65

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2013
Virginia
haha holy crap this thing is as old if not older than i am lol. i cant see how the sparybar would work to well in a pressurized system. the whole thing would have to be full to be able to push the water back into the tank. am i wrong. does anyone know how this thig works in conguntion with a ocean clear or even if it will work?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store