Sandpoint filter help!!!

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Most of the people that had one of these have died of old age. Did you do a Google for the owners manual for it?
I never saw one other than in ads in a couple of the magazines that used to be around.

lunker65

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2013
Virginia
i have scoured google and i cant even find a picture or anythig. all i have been able to find is two other poor saps like me whou have no idea on how to work this thing lol. im sure because this thing was appaently made before the advent of computers, there isnt gonna be much out there except for old timer wisdom.

lunker65

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2013
Virginia
i just had an idea! do you think that i could turn this thing into a giant media reactor lol? i have been having issues with that dusty brown alge crap in my tank. i heard that having phosphates in the water can cause this. no i have no tested the water yet to see if that is indeed the issue but, if it is what do you think of making this thing into a huge phosphate reactor?

Edge58

Feeder Fish
Nov 22, 2017
I just saw this post. I have use this Sandpoint filter and you have an air pump and a T to separate the water flow. The water has to flow at a rate as to not sheer bacterial growth on the media.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store