Have you ever wanted a career in fish?

And then realized you were middle aged, married with kids and expenses and stuck in a cube, and will continue to be stuck in that cube until the age of 65, until you're forced out of that cube and then forced into a job helping people with their shopping carts in and out of a big box store because you will need to pay for your children's eduction?

Why are Cubes beige? To drive me crazy?

But in my dreams and on this board, my official title is:

General Manager of Animal Husbandry and Filtration Systems, ABC Aquarium. I have 2 directors reporting into me. A director of Animal Husbandry and a director of Filtration Systems. Its a good job that pays well and enables me to enjoy fish on a daily basis. I don't mind going in early or staying late, or working on weekends, but i rarely have to since I've implemented such fantastic automated web-enabled systems. And I only hire the best and most talented people. I'm most proud of breeding newly bred saltwater fish, and my giant Amazonian riverbank display.

Ah, and then the alarm goes off, and back to cube city, population me.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
yes yes and yes. Except mine is an office and the walls are biege also lol. But I love my job so its not so bad. I hope one day when I retire I can do something with fish. Either spend my days catching them with a rod or selling them from as store.

But life passes so quickly the bible says our life is like a vapor. Whether you believe in the bible or not that statement is very true. I can't believe how fast life goes so really my eyes are set on where I will spend eternity.

yes yes and yes. Except mine is an office and the walls are biege also lol. But I love my job so its not so bad. I hope one day when I retire I can do something with fish. Either spend my days catching them with a rod or selling them from as store.
You and me both. Its good that you have an office. Cubes are brutal. Please feel bad for those in cubes at your office. :)

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Keep the flip side in mind also, no marriage, no kids, and looking for a beige cube lol
No chance of keeping something small at work Redear? That was the case where I worked, at least that's what I assumed, so I went stealth. I kept a Betta in a 1 gallon sports bottle (I don't wanna hear it, he was happy in there) and it really made me happier looking forward to giving him his 3 or 4 pellets a day. Just contain your happiness, it's a no no in corporate :D

Keep the flip side in mind also, no marriage, no kids, and looking for a beige cube lol
No chance of keeping something small at work Redear? That was the case where I worked, at least that's what I assumed, so I went stealth. I kept a Betta in a 1 gallon sports bottle (I don't wanna hear it, he was happy in there) and it really made me happier looking forward to giving him his 3 or 4 pellets a day. Just contain your happiness, it's a no no in corporate :D
I was being a bit cheeky... I know I have it good...

I would never want to set up a tank on my desk then get the boot - do you leave the tank behind as they walk you out? :)

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
I was study Ocean and Marine Life in College (We even got our own fish room with both fresh and marine) but then I listened to some counselor and switched my major to computer science...I wish I didn't listen to him! If I can go back to the past I would kick his ass and shut him up! :D

I was study Ocean and Marine Life in College (We even got our own fish room with both fresh and marine) but then I listened to some counselor and switched my major to computer science...I wish I didn't listen to him! If I can go back to the past I would kick his ass and shut him up! :D
Those early years at college or university are so important aren't they? So true.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
if finances get any worse, I might end up living in a tent down by the river.....does that count?

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
I'm lucky enough that I do get to work with fish. But, I have a cubicle that is light blue.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store