Have you ever wanted a career in fish?

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I'd like to manage in one of the brands here in the UK, e.g. Maidenhead Aquatics.

My current job selling diaries is phenomenally crap, which I have no passion for lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
Nope. It doesn't matter how much I enjoy something, once it becomes an obligation I lose all enthusiasm.

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
If I could find a career in fish that paid the bills I would be all over it.

Until then, I raise your beige cubical with a loud and laborious factory job.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

If I could find a career in fish that paid the bills I would be all over it.

Until then, I raise your beige cubical with a loud and laborious factory job.

Factory is tough. Been there in university.

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
Factory is tough. Been there in university.
I've managed to work my way up in the last year and get out of some of the really bad positions, I'm making more money than most of my friends who went to college, but you definitely work for it lol. Which makes it hard to leave. They've got a maintenance electro/mechanical apprenticeship with free schooling opening up soon. I'm gonna chase that golden opportunity.

I think I'd just be happy building tanks on the side. Maybe not build actual tanks - but building stands, drilling, plumbing, and setting up elaborate sump systems on large tanks with custom backgrounds and lighting. Then selling them as ready to use units.

pigoo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2013
United States
And then realized you were middle aged, married with kids and expenses and stuck in a cube, and will continue to be stuck in that cube until the age of 65, until you're forced out of that cube and then forced into a job helping people with their shopping carts in and out of a big box store because you will need to pay for your children's eduction?
First...who says you're gonna make it to 65 in the cube? How about being forced out at 51...can't get another job your trained for because you're too old...and then you're forced to work at the big-box store at 25% your former pay???

Second. Please do a spell check. It's terrible to talk about paying for the kids education...and "education" is misspelled!;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store