How do you fight the urge

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
So many fish so little tanks. How do you all fight the urge of over stocking or deal with the fact that you cant have more tanks than you already have ?

Man I really want ornatum, bocourti, and a jar. Rapps has ornatum and wetspot has bocs. By mfk standards i have 3 small tanks (150, 75, and 30 gals)

So anyway how do ya fight the urges

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
My wife fights the urge for me. She beats it down. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Solar Dragon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2015
wisconsin
So many fish so little tanks. How do you all fight the urge of over stocking or deal with the fact that you cant have more tanks than you already have ?

Man I really want ornatum, bocourti, and a jar. Rapps has ornatum and wetspot has bocs. By mfk standards i have 3 small tanks (150, 75, and 30 gals)

So anyway how do ya fight the urges

easy i have little to no money

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
This is why I don't visit my lfs too often, too much temptation.

We all still have that child mentality, "kid in a toy store", of wanting everything we see, but now that I'm in my 40s, I feel I've matured greatly and can resist most temptations.....usually lol

I'm not one of those people who constantly change their stocks. I suppose my fish are more to me than simple decor that you change on an annual basis. They are my pets and Ido get attach to them, so this is why I've never sold and rarely rehome any of my fish

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
easy i have little to no money
lol

I grew up with very little money, and now that I make a good living, I'm truly appreciative and grateful for what I have.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Yeah i wanna be duanes in my next life. My wife also does a good job of fighting it for me.

Lfs near me are garbage so thats a good thing. I try and stay away from driving out to aquascape, absolutly fish, and shark aquarium.

And have been staying away from rapps/werspot sites. I got hurt at work and have been home the past few days staying off these sites is hard with all the time on my hands

When i had the tank space bocs and ornatum werent available.... my luck

Solar Dragon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2015
wisconsin
Yeah i wanna be duanes in my next life. My wife also does a good job of fighting it for me.

Lfs near me are garbage so thats a good thing. I try and stay away from driving out to aquascape, absolutly fish, and shark aquarium.

And have been staying away from rapps/werspot sites. I got hurt at work and have been home the past few days staying off these sites is hard with all the time on my hands

When i had the tank space bocs and ornatum werent available.... my luck

those are in NJ right?

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
I'm constantly rescaping, it allows me to do more than just maintenance without increasing stock.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store