Crazy Petsmart Experience

mr fishy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2012
florida
I have tried countless times to help someone Wanting an Oscar for their 10 gallon But no one listens to a kid last week we went to petsmart just to look and there was this father and son who had a 10 gallon they wanted to stock with like 12 tiger barbs and 6 red tail sharks this eldest lady began tellin them they could do like 6 baths and one shark and asked how long the tank had been set up he said a day she started telling him about the cycle and said he just had to let it sit there for a month do absolutely nothing but let it sit so I stepped kn and told them they needed like a feeder goldfish to cycle a tank yet who do they believe the old lady she even told her stock she had 2 12" Leporinus in a 55 along with other fish I was like WTF the boy saw some bgk's and said what about these and she said no they get tok big said max size was a foot and made the size with her hands I was gonna day girl I have fish that will get double that . She them told him he could have a Leporinus in a 10 gallon easily.on the sign for it the max size said a foot too! So moral of the lesson ppl won't listen to kids about this stuff

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

fisher12889

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 21, 2006
Colorado
I have tried countless times to help someone Wanting an Oscar for their 10 gallon But no one listens to a kid last week we went to petsmart just to look and there was this father and son who had a 10 gallon they wanted to stock with like 12 tiger barbs and 6 red tail sharks this eldest lady began tellin them they could do like 6 baths and one shark and asked how long the tank had been set up he said a day she started telling him about the cycle and said he just had to let it sit there for a month do absolutely nothing but let it sit so I stepped kn and told them they needed like a feeder goldfish to cycle a tank yet who do they believe the old lady she even told her stock she had 2 12" Leporinus in a 55 along with other fish I was like WTF the boy saw some bgk's and said what about these and she said no they get tok big said max size was a foot and made the size with her hands I was gonna day girl I have fish that will get double that . She them told him he could have a Leporinus in a 10 gallon easily.on the sign for it the max size said a foot too! So moral of the lesson ppl won't listen to kids about this stuff

Read what you just wrote, and then ask yourself...would you listen to this guy?

mr fishy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2012
florida
Read what you just wrote, and then ask yourself...would you listen to this guy?
Yes I would listen to me when I told him about the feeder goldfish I went really in depth of the whole cycle but this old lady was relentless she just kept telling and telling him that her way was right

crappiekeeper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
The land of the pine
my freind went to a petsmart to buy some feederrs for his gar and apperently they wouldnt let him buy it because the gar would eat it. Eventually he got someone to explain to the person that feeders are meant to be eaten.

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
You guys have to realize that businesses are only there for one reason-to make money. If they don't make money they can't exist...

And there are always gonna be those idiots whose mind you can't change, no matter how right you are or what you do or say...
I dunno man. I started my business so I could make other people do things arbitrarily. But to each his own.

Stateofficer1984

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2011
Fairmont North Carolina
If the sales rep did not sale the fish to that customer, the customer could have called the home office and complaned about it, and her job would have been at stake... Its all about money/big business!!! The store is not there too teach you what you can, and can not keep in your tank, they are there to turn a profit off of the pet keeping industry, which I cant blame them for!!! Its up to the customer to research and know what tank size, and proper ways to take care of the pets they buy!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store