ID THIS SHARK CATFISH

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
So Mustafa,what size tank or pond are you working with for these fish?
its a 7 feet tank. i know its small but when i feel they are not comfortable. ill give them away. i don't like torturing animals. so when they get bigger ill give them away and buy something else. so that means no silver dollars. got it ill do something. ill go to the local fish store of Wednesday 23rd of July, buy a good combination of fish and then ill post the pictures. u guys stay in touch. will a alligator gar work with these fish if i exclude the koi?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Is an outdoor pond an option?You seem to be in an area that has the climate to support one.

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
Is an outdoor pond an option?You seem to be in an area that has the climate to support one.
no man way to much. we have dogs , chickens and other animals . the local wildlife contains mongooses which come in our lawn most of the time. they might eat the fish so i dont think so. for now its just me and my 4 in a half foot aquarium and seven foot aquarium

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Wow...mongoose! It sounds as if they can be a bit of a nuisance the way that raccoons here tend to be.I've had them eat my butterfly koi and kill my terrapins too.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
no man way to much. we have dogs , chickens and other animals . the local wildlife contains mongooses which come in our lawn most of the time. they might eat the fish so i dont think so. for now its just me and my 4 in a half foot aquarium and seven foot aquarium
Couldt you build a fence around the pond, with a roof or something ?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I was thinking about something like that and was going to mention it as an option.

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
guys i dont think my dad will let me make anything like that.we don't have a very big lawn and i play football so if i make a pond no football and less space for the dogs. my dad released these mongooses because we had a alot of snakes here. so there r alot of animals that can eat my fish, plus frogs to lol. by the way im going tmrw.. to change my fish. what u said about the climate. i think i would have to disagree no offence bro. really cold winters and very hot summers and monsoon season. i dont think it will be suitable for the fish
what do you think

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I hadn't thought about your winters... Guess that would prevent a tropical pond although koi are still a possibility if you ever get the go ahead.

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
Thanks really appreciate your advice it's again that I'm asking u to check this thread because I'll post the pictures tmrw. Please keep on checking this thread. So what fish do u have krichardson? Is it a possibility if u could post the pictures?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
No problem...it's what we are all here for,to help and learn from each other.I will keep checking your thread as I have been up til now.
I am mostly into the different species of Datnioides and I also have armatus some cichla and a few types of catfish...I have a few threads with photos of my collection.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store