Jaguar Cichlid - 2 weeks without a water change

wiggywhitetrash

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2012
Hinckley, UK
Ok so I guess it's unanimous that once a week will be fine. He's guilt tripping me already as I haven't fed him today. He's spent the whole day so far begging and smacking his chops against the surface of the water :/

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
I'd do what the poster above said, and have your roommate feed him 1 week in, using a food package you've prepared yourself. Whatever you do don't let your roommate choose the food, I've came back to tanks filled with food (and dead fish) after asking people to feed my fish lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
same here, ive came home too milk coloured tanks before!!! people get carried away or forget then dump loads in!

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
no. need to add prime. he will be fine, i personally trust no one to feed my fish. last camping trip I had my oldest daughter feeding the fry. these fry in a 75g. nitrates where through the roof after 6 days when i got back. she way over fed. lost all of them to I am guessing nitrate shock when i changed the water. My advice just leave them be, they be fine.

wiggywhitetrash

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2012
Hinckley, UK
Thanks for all the advice guys, I've just returned home to find a reasonably low nitrate reading along with a very upset and hungry (although otherwise healthy) fish. Gave him a few pellets and a big water change and he seems happy enough.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Good to hear.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store