Woohoo! Striped Raphael catfish!

jeaninel

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2014
california
I've got a striped Raphael who's close to 6" but i never see him. Awesome fish when he does come out. Been thinking about getting a moon light also.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Its good yours isn't the hider that most are. I like them allot but wont get one because I hear over and over how they disappear once they hit the tank.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Its good yours isn't the hider that most are. I like them allot but wont get one because I hear over and over how they disappear once they hit the tank.
Thats why I set all my tanks up so there's plenty of good hiding spaces but almost all are viewable inside. My raph hides under a slab leaned against driftwood at the front of my tank so I can see him all day, he just doesn't do anything :).

jeaninel

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2014
california
Thats why I set all my tanks up so there's plenty of good hiding spaces but almost all are viewable inside. My raph hides under a slab leaned against driftwood at the front of my tank so I can see him all day, he just doesn't do anything :).
This is what I meant too. I can see mine in his hiding spot but I rarely see him out swimming around since I believe he is active during the night. During feeding time he's a lazy sucker and just sucks up pellets that come his way from under his hiding spot. Lol

JackDempsey72

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2014
Bristol/uk
Dive that what I do with the caves I have 2 flower pots facing the glass and a piece of bogwood at the front. Mine goes crazy for pellets when the light are off. He gets jmc catfish pellets

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Dug in tight behind that long piece of wood , I bet that's his chosen spot or in the black pipe ? Both look like raph territories ;):)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

JackDempsey72

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2014
Bristol/uk
Dug in tight behind that long piece of wood , I bet that's his chosen spot or in the black pipe ? Both look like raph territories ;):)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Well I've never seen him on the other side of the tank where the bogwood and pipe is. He always goes in the plants, but on the 1st an 2nd day he was in the plant pot

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store