Woohoo! Striped Raphael catfish!

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I've got loads of hiding spaces that will definitely be to small for him when he's older
You'd think that but I bet he digs himself out of sight somewhere lol ;):D get a blue moon light he'll come out at night and you'll see him

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

JackDempsey72

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2014
Bristol/uk
You'd think that but I bet he digs himself out of sight somewhere lol ;):D get a blue moon light he'll come out at night and you'll see him

Hmm... Been thinking about a blue moon. How much are they?

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Varies really what size tank ? Or if you go t5/8 bulbs or led there's loads on the market at the min Amazon / e bay but you usually get what you pay for with led cheap end ones don't last to long

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
God only knows how long they live for too, I got mine fully grown at over 6 inches, had him for 8/9 years and sold him back to the LFS, just as healthy as the day I got him.

Kind of regret selling him back to be honest, the logic at the time was the strain on the bio load, but wish I'd just done more water changes. I have a spotted Raphael in another tank, that I haven't seen for about 6 months lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
God only knows how long they live for too, I got mine fully grown at over 6 inches, had him for 8/9 years and sold him back to the LFS, just as healthy as the day I got him.

Kind of regret selling him back to be honest, the logic at the time was the strain on the bio load, but wish I'd just done more water changes. I have a spotted Raphael in another tank, that I haven't seen for about 6 months lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Be thankful the worst fish (in terms of bioload) in your tank was a raph. I've got a 4" striped in my 75G catfish tank and he's the least filthy tank, it's like he's constipated compared to my Gibbiceps Pleco and Yellow Bullhead.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store