My Red Tiger Oscar is a Messy Eater - Need Appropriate Bottom Feeder

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Here's one...Feed less. Fish don't need to be fed 3 times a day. In fact they don't have to be fed every day.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
snakehead will solve it soon when he eats all his tankmates, the emperors get huge fast, it will outgrow all the rest and prob eat em all! i say sell/move the snakehead then get a four lined pictus.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Here's one...Feed less. Fish don't need to be fed 3 times a day. In fact they don't have to be fed every day.
+1 Only fish I feed three times a day are the species in a tank if mine that's pretty much a whitewater rapid so they need the energy.

SickSauce

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2011
Mekong Delta
I recommend silver dollars, cheap, hardly and wont attack any of your fish. Mines eat all the left over food and some from my aro and datnoids. I would suggest clown loach but they may become food when the oscars out grow them but great savagers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Bidda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2014
SoCal
he is doing his best, but these oscars are sooo messy. I guess it could be different when they mature, nothing is over 6 inches at the moment. The sailfin that is. And I feed them twice a day small pellets, too much feeding then I guess?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store