My Custom 200 Gallon Tank

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
Here are some pics of my 200 gallon tank I just built out of 1/2" cell cast acrylic. The tank measures 70" long 27" wide and 24" tall. I built everything you see in the pics except the light fixture. I wish I would of took pics of the project from start to finish but I never think about it until I am done. The tank has a 1" drain that is piped under the floor and out the foundation of the house. The sump is 80 gallons and takes up the whole inside of the stand and houses a 3500 gph pump and two 300 watt heaters. The pic of the sump is when I only had 1/2 the pot scrubbies in it. I also ran hot and cold water lines into the pump chamber of the sump for easy fill up. I had to reinforce the floor by doubling the floor joists and adding more bridging. That was not fun. I also custom painted the back of the tank on the outside to match the living room decor. The total project was around $1800 without the fish. It currently has a 10" spotted gar, 7" spotted gar, 8" polypterus endlicheri, 8" polypterus weeksii, and 11" polypterus hybrid from rehoboth. I am waiting for my shipment of 3" wide bar dats from Pedro which will be here in 3 days. I hope you guys like it.

Tank with just water
fishtank1.jpg

Close up of background
fishtank3.jpg

Tank with fish
tank1.jpg
tank2.jpg

Pic of 80 gallon sump
tankfilter.jpg

calamari

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2007
MD
Nice! The background is very cool! Do you have more pics of the sump?

Jamieb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2008
USA East Coast
Beeeautiful! Very Nice set up! :)

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
Here are more pics of my sump.

This of the the 2 inch pvc intakes
sump1.jpg

My plumbing and wiring nightmare. The bag that is hanging has a mixture of peat moss and carbon.
sump2.jpg

BichirAddict

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 13, 2007
Virginia
Needs better lighting to finish that show piece off

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store