My 240 ply tank started

briflikk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2009
Oakville, Ontario
Got started on my tank stand today after many months of planning .. tank dimensions are 72" X 36" X 24" tall ... stand dimensions are 72" X36" X 30" tall .. I am going to use Zavlar liquid rubber to seal the tank .. foam 3D background and main filtration is going to be a sump which I still have to design .. I will try to update as I go .. need to find a decent place to get glass that isnt going to cost me a fortune (only called one place so far and they want $221 for a 70" X 23" X 12mm)

Material ready to be cut

all cut and ready to assemble

taking shape .. all holes were pre-drilled and used 3" deck screws

all assembled and ready for paint .. going to pick up the plywood for the tank in the morning .. :naughty:

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Curious as to why you pre-drilled the holes for the deck screws. I would have lost my mind doing that for the 50+ lbs. of them I have in my tank.

Looks like a great start.

I'm using the US version of Zevlar (Pond Coat) in mine. Will be watching your progress.

briflikk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2009
Oakville, Ontario
nolapete;3718885; said:
Curious as to why you pre-drilled the holes for the deck screws. I would have lost my mind doing that for the 50+ lbs. of them I have in my tank.

Looks like a great start.

I'm using the US version of Zevlar (Pond Coat) in mine. Will be watching your progress.

Not really necessary to pre-drill the holes but didn't want to split any of the 2x4s .. I only needed 200 screws .. if I had to use 50 lbs of screw there is no way I would pre-drill them either

john73738

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Subscribed and watching.... Looks good so far. I agree with the pre drilling, last thing you want is to split a 2x4 because it is always the last one and the hardest to replace:nilly:

Bear

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store