My 240 ply tank started

john73738

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
:iagree:

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Still trying to get contact info for the US version of the Liquid Rubber

briflikk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2009
Oakville, Ontario
Checked out the first coat this morning when it was all dry .. found a large bubble in one spot so i cut it out . put a fresh coat on that spot and am going to reinforce it for the second coat with some of the leftover fiberglass tape

I got all the corners taped and put a thin coat of rubber on top

thats going to be it till 2010 .. got some shopping to do and get ready for a new years party .. Happy New Years everyone

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
john73738;3740605; said:
:iagree:

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Still trying to get contact info for the US version of the Liquid Rubber
This is my contact there. I think in the US it's only available directly from Permadri. The product you want is called Pond Coat. It's the US version of Zavlar.

JoAnn Zarate
PermaDri, Inc.
4595 W. Jacquelyn Ave.
Fresno, CA 93722
800 279 5604
559 275 9620
559 275 9629
www.permadri.com

white_brain

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2009
Kitchener, ON
Just a question, I have noticed in a number of DIY tank build threads bubbles forming. Would it not help to prime the wood first? I am not sure as I have only just recently started thing about building a tank. What does the rubber paint manufacturer suggest? Just wondering!

briflikk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2009
Oakville, Ontario
white_brain;3747378; said:
Just a question, I have noticed in a number of DIY tank build threads bubbles forming. Would it not help to prime the wood first? I am not sure as I have only just recently started thing about building a tank. What does the rubber paint manufacturer suggest? Just wondering!
I believe the air bubble was caused when the contact between the rubber and ply had a little void and traps the air (used a brush not a roller) .. wasn't really that big of a deal to cut it out and repair .. just make sure to check every square inch when your done your first coat to ensure total contact between wood and sealer .. paint manufacturer recommends not using any primer .. the rubber will stick to the wood much better without it .. I hope:naughty:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store