Dec 30, 2009
Nebraska
:headbang2subscribed!!!

briflikk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2009
Oakville, Ontario
Got a little more done on the tank .. background is completed and the glass has been installed:naughty: (just have to wait for it to cure)

should get it done this week seeing that I got laid off on Friday .. hopefully not too long .. luckily I bought everything for the tank so I shouldn't need to buy anything .. going to get the top installed.. filters hooked up and the tanks sealed on the outside with some primer to keep the moisture out

here are some pics of the background for your viewing pleasure

applied the Zavlar one side at a time to aid with applying the playsand .. I put 3 layers of Zavlar over the foam then covered it with playsand while last layer was still wet

I packed the sand and let it set for a night before sweeping and vacuuming it off

Full tank shot .. the black spots on the left is where the sand didnt stick to the Zavlar .. should still look ok considering Zavlar turns brown after a little while

Glass all ready to go in .. picked the suction cups up at princess auto for 3 bucks each .. helped getting the 2x3 supports I had under the glass so I didnt smear the silicon while installing the pane (still smeared some anyways .. gonna wait till its dry then scrap it off with a razor blade)

lucked out to day finding a ad on Kijiji for a free 4" piranha which I picked up (only 15 minutes from home) ... ended up being around 7" which is good because thats the size of the others

:naughty::naughty::naughty:

MaddMaxx

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2009
Abu Dhabi/NJ
Looking good! I'll be interested to see how the background holds up over time, I really like to look of the sand.

briflikk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2009
Oakville, Ontario
got a lot more done the last couple days .. plumbing is all cut and ready to be assembled ..attached the top .. finished the LED christmas light bar .. ran out of Zavlar so I have to pick up some tomorrow (saved enough for the top but it dried :irked:).. going to seal the outside after I am sure there arent any leaks

Stay tuned .. the way its going it will have 100 gallons of water in it in aprox 24 hours:headbang2

slimmer

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2009
ontario
Great build. What did you use to attach the glass to the zavlar. Brand specific please as i am also in ontario so i should be able to get the same stuff.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store