1.000.000 gallon pond build

AllFishAdrian

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2010
South Florida
TheRealAndyCook;4607957; said:
I do like this project however I'm sure within 10 years the dimensions will be drastically different.

There are a few different reasons for erosion, yes water flow is one of them, there are a few others some of which I cant remember. One for example is where land freezes, and when it freezes, it expands...and erodes.

I believe, since the well was filled with water from the water table that clay aswell as other minerals and silt were pulled into the water. I refer to this pond as a well because it functions on similar principals.

As water evaporates from the pond/well, water from the water table will refill the well and cause more erosion.

Secondly, I half expect the reason we haven't seen an update is because the water filled half way...Up to where the water was above the water line, and now has drained back into the water table.

I do like this project, but find it hard to expect it to last.

He lives in costa rica... Its not gonna freeze. Why do you doubt this is going to work? This is how natural lakes form in a way.

TheRealAndyCook

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2010
Canada
I was just reinforcing that erosion is caused by more then physical damage.

Its to late to doubt that it'll work, its already been done...how ever my understanding of how the water table works, and how lakes are formed doesn't support the idea that you can dig a whole and create your own pond.

How many times have you looked down a well, and the waters been level with the ground?

Younglin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
34-24-36
and the waters been level with the ground?
This has already been said so I don't know why you didn't see it. The water table in Costa Rica is very high.

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
insanity.. but so cool haha... Airapaigma, peacock bass and RTCs xD :headbang2

Scuba_Kid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2010
California
Nice would love to go diving there already went in costa rica's ocean alot of cool stuff. =D

minicats

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Milton, wa
i have been reading posts on this site for the last year including a few more of your projects and all i can say is wow that is :headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store