1.5 INCH ALLIGATOR GARS AT MY LFS

RobD23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2005
The Rex
Dr.Sudz i bought mine from the location in mississauga...i haven't been to the oakville location in alil while, do they have any fahaka puffers there...?

dr_sudz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2006
Wiarton, Ontario
www.fishinabox.ca
At the moment we are out of fresh water puffers, should be getting some green spotted ones in a few weeks tho. I havent seen us ever carry Fahaka puffers tho.

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
Nice gars.

bentank1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2006
Cleveland ohio
RobD23 said:
Dude i couldn't believe it....my mouth dropped when the guy looked on his order sheet and told me they were alligator gars and not florida gars....and so damn small too....i'm thinking about buying one just because it's so small....i have two 1.5 inch peacock bass will they be ok together?

no

ESJBond007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2007
Southgate Michigan
looks like a florida or spotted gar

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
perfection;1047572; said:
As in all Florida gars that stripe behind the eye will remain as it grows
the stripe behind the eye is by no means diagnostic of Florida gars. spotted gars can have this too, and both species don't always retain it in the same conformation throughout life...longnoses and shortnoses can also sometimes have stripes like this. there are other diagnostics to go by in determine Florida/spotted gars from other species, pattern is often times one of the last resorts--
--solomon

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
E_americanus;1049226; said:
the stripe behind the eye is by no means diagnostic of Florida gars. spotted gars can have this too, and both species don't always retain it in the same conformation throughout life...longnoses and shortnoses can also sometimes have stripes like this. there are other diagnostics to go by in determine Florida/spotted gars from other species, pattern is often times one of the last resorts--
--solomon

well what do you think?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store