$10 alligator gars at lfs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BYEBYE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2007
Stillwater
forums can be a great way to have conversations with people interested in the same things that you are.

But Back to gars what time of the year is it easiest to find them for sale?

brown_eye_crushers25

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
New Hampshire
Up here in NH at an LFS. If I'm not mistaken it was about $400 for the fish and it was in the 8-10" range. One of the guys who helps run the place said the damn fish has been sold and returned 3x now. Every time it goes in a new tank it would wipe out an oscar or red devil. I think the last return maybe the last.

Awesome looking fish though - nasty bugger

demjor19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA/OH
$400 for a alli gar? sounds very high to me?

MrRngr94

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2006
Central FL
On this same topic, it bugs me seeing pacus for sale at wal-mart. If I'm there and I see someone buying them I tell them how big they get. It's stopped a few people. Haven't really seen too many gars though. Plus I don't feel I know enough about them to be giving other people advice.

I think any store should that sells fish should be arranged according to how big the fish will grow to. AND their size should be plainly visible on the display. Maybe then that will slow down some of this.

leasure1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2007
ohio
Yeah....thats what it's for....right?

demjor19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA/OH
but if they told people how big they got then no one would buy them.

MrRngr94

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2006
Central FL
Or maybe the only people that would buy them would be the ones that can actually take care of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store