Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
i meant, what's a frogfish?

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
googled them, yeah like a stonefish. way to big for a 10gal. 50 min, lots o' rock.

chrisdef15

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Australia
There is a few species of frogfish that only gets around 4"-5", Histrio i think, and they barely move so a 10 which i think is roughly 40 litres is actually probably pretty perfect for something like that, although i agree abit bigger would be better. Otherwise a mantis is about your only other option if your looking for something interesting other then that you can just put the usual small fish like gobies ect.

santoury

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Massachusetts
Frogfish are frogfish, not stonefish. There are several species of frogfish that reach 5-10 cm. adult size. And yes, they'd be awesome in a 10 gallon tank, especially since they are not swimmers.

dan the moose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2006
the T dot
www.myspace.com
im just putting a few fish (2 or 3 tops) and a bunch of inverts/corals. there are a few cool dottybacks and basslets, and some intresting shrimp gobies.

vicedretard

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2006
in the river
ok my old(first saltwater set up in a 10gal) was like this...invert tank star fish, hermit crabs, cleaner crabs, a decoy scorpion,and some anenomes...with live rock only not live sand...ran a basic penguin 125 filter with a home made double strip light one that was 10,000K and a Antic Blue cheap easy to maintain and was cool to watch all the inverts and to feed the anenomes and decoc scorpion...thats just my opinion and i have been atoying with seting this idea up again for the past couple of weeks(haha that why i just popped up out of nowhere into the SW thread...plus i live in hawaii its almost mandatory that if your into fish tanks you need a SW one...) Good luck any who on your decision.

P.S. dont do a mantis...they have the potential to shatter a tank...really big mess to clean up, they are cool to watch but not when they have the striking power compared to that of a small caliber bullet...dangerous for tank and to clean the tank...just my opinion

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store