Want to Buy 10 Gallon Metaframe Aquarium

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
I really lucked out. The guy selling it was asking $60 and he was so tired of buyers flaking on him he told me he'd take $50 for it if I actually showed up. You are correct about the stainless steel frame. Here's a closer look at the label.
I like your thinking; I already ran a bead of black ASI Aquarium sealant on all the seams as an insurance policy because liked you mentioned, the original sealant had dried out in some areas.

I love the tapered and beveled look of Metaframes. I recently came across pix of a Bader brand stainless steel tank manufacturer that had used rounded edges. This tank is sexy AF. Reminds me of a '57 Chevy Bel Air.

You should check out the FB group, "Metaframe and other vintage aquarium lovers." I think you'd enjoy the group. There's a guy there that's setting up his fish store with all vintage metal framed tanks. I believe he found an entire warehouse full of Metaframes of all sizes and decided to use them in his shop. It's epic! He's in Green Bay, Wisconsin (2,000+ miles away from me), but visiting his shop once they're all setup is on my bucket list. His store is called Advanced Aquarium Systems.

I will post pix once I have the 26G setup. ?

Screenshot_20210908-111850-279.png

IMG_20210826_094444450_HDR.jpg

Attachments

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store