10 gallon sump for a 55 gallon marine tank??

yogurt_21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2009
AZ, USA
julsy;3264817; said:
as far as a sterilizer with a good fuge/sump you wont want one, they can kill alot of the beneficial bacteria in a system, save your money for a good skimmer like a tunze, octopus, deltec, all great skimmers and you will get more from a good skimmer than you will a uv
thanks for the info. I'll look into the skimmers but really no UV? what would be the algae control then?

for the inlets if I stick it at one end I could set it up like my 125 then where powerheads push the debris towards the single inlet.

@ mr reef a 20g then would be just as easy to get as a 10 so that wouldn't be an issue to change. (I wish my 30 wasn't so dang tall or i could use that lol)

good info I'm actually quite excited for the project, even more so then when I started my pond.

@ op sorry for the thread jack.

julsy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2009
indiana
most algae control in salt/reef tanks is symbiotic, it has to do with light and water parameters, if you are really worried that you will have an algae problem, you could look into a phosphate reactor, two little fishes makes one, looking at around a 120-150 setup to take care of the tank, that's pump, media, and reactor. most algies feed off phosphates and silicates, good ro/di water can help control most of that, watching your feeding schedual is another good way, over feeding is very easy to do in a marine tank.

hop on www.marinedepot.com, www.marineandreef.com, www.reefwarehouse.com, www.drsfostersmith.com, those are my favorite sites to buy from

I would agree with Mr. Reef, 20gal min sump, the more the better, i have a friend that runs a 75gal sump on a 60gal tank. the tank is utterly amazing looking

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store