11'' Wide Bar on pellets

Vitaliy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
vitaliy.info
redtailfool said:
Maybe im just lucky but after the starvation method of a week or 2, most of the dats ive had ate pellets and or shrimp. But i get that from rays.. starve them for a week and they still refuse shrimps.
I am mainly going by what I have read about the fish; live food and Dats is mentioned quite a lot. I worked with a number of them and I only managed to convert a few of them to pellets but most still refused.

Personally I only owned one Dat, a baby that I have rescued from a store who unfortunately did not make it. :(

Richie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
London, England
I don't buy pellets anymore, I can get silversides so much cheaper. I pay 1.25 sterling for a large packet of silversides(I'm not talking about the tiny packets from LFS) and these last longer than pellets. I also vary the diet with prawns, the budget pack from the supermarket.
It seems to be a much healthier diet and my datnioides seem to be growing pretty quickly.

Rich

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
Richie said:
I don't buy pellets anymore, I can get silversides so much cheaper. I pay 1.25 sterling for a large packet of silversides(I'm not talking about the tiny packets from LFS) and these last longer than pellets. I also vary the diet with prawns, the budget pack from the supermarket.
It seems to be a much healthier diet and my datnioides seem to be growing pretty quickly.

Rich

thats exactly what i feed mine whitebait and prawns but i wanted it too eat pellets as they are a good food source.
it eats all three now so i am well pleased.
i was just lucky as i said it wouuld not touch pellets before i got the aro and now it cant get enough of them.
dixon

unknownuza13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2005
Yes mine don't eat live.. I have them eating a lot of market shrimp but it would be nice to be able to do half and half pellets and shrimp... I have tried starvation method I guess I'll keep trying..

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Illegal
www.wofc.org
Dixon, what kind of pellets are they eating? Hope it's not that carnivore pellets by Hikari cause I'd reather feed shrimp than that stuff. Most of my fish just spits out that carnivore pellet.

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
Vince said:
Dixon, what kind of pellets are they eating? Hope it's not that carnivore pellets by Hikari cause I'd reather feed shrimp than that stuff. Most of my fish just spits out that carnivore pellet.

yep it is those pellets the one with the aro pic on it.
i may try some others if i can get any but not too sure whats about in the UK.
its still eating prawns and whitebait too so its getting a varied diet.
dixon

mauls

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 9, 2005
Kansas City, Missouri
Vince said:
I dont think theres anything wrong with those pellets, and my DATS love those, Its the only thing they eat besides krill and blood worms. The only fish that wont eat those pellets are my pbass

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store