110 gallon Paludarium

TropicalCreations

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2014
Columbus, OH
Hey everyone! My name is Chris and figured I would share with everyone the paludarium I built for the AGA conference/ 2015 competition. I started this tank back in Jan. and will update it once a month and list what changes I did as well. I hope you enjoy :)

Day 1 of Planting:

This part was probably the most difficult part of this build. The bank in the aquatic part was so steep it took days to get the sand to stay just right.

Bump: Day four:

I had to cheat a little and use the driftwood to hold the slope some in areas it kept falling down

Bump: Day 7:

This is when the aquatic plants started to be planted. I plan on doing a dry/ wet season with this aquarium so I used plants that would best fit this wish.

Bump: Day 18:

Ignore the pots and gars on the glass. I was playing with the idea of some plants in those spots and trying to get rid of a fly issue.

Bump: Day 68:

This photo was taken two weeks before the AGA conference in DC

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Tank looks pretty good... although it doesn't look like you have any livestock of any sort in there?

Definitely makes me want to do another paludarium again after seeing these pics...

TropicalCreations

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2014
Columbus, OH
Tank looks pretty good... although it doesn't look like you have any livestock of any sort in there?Definitely makes me want to do another paludarium again after seeing these pics...
Here is a video I shoot last night. I apologize in advance for the video as I was shooting it with my new DSLR camera and was checking out the video section of it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7jz86E1CME

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Very nice works and look awesome, good luck and I hope you gonna win some prizes :D

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Fantastic job!!!

TropicalCreations

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2014
Columbus, OH
Here is the plant list: