110G SA Riparium Build

Bluesandtwo

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2019
London UK
I wanted to try something new and give a riparium a go. Firstly I wanted something a bit more natural looking with another dimension. Secondly I wanted some greenery but have SD's... so no joy growing anything under the water!!

It's all trial and error, early stages. But I wanted to share with you all so far! Hope you like it and check back for updates, I've got more plants on order. Suggestions welcome!

So... wood selected and in. Heavy tannin but sure the fish will love it.

20190508_101919.jpg

20190508_101940.jpg

First plants in. More to follow. I'm aiming for the tops to be full of different greenery eventually.

20190510_150454.jpg

Some close ups, sorry for the poor quality from my phone.

20190510_150010.jpg

20190510_150021.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluesandtwo

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2019
London UK
Not sure why the first 2 photos are also showing at the bottom of the post and won't delete, don't suppose a moderator can assist?

Bluesandtwo

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2019
London UK
Looks good already, what's the full stock list.
Thanks. So far for plants..
Tillandsia Bulbosa
Tillandsia Brachycaulos
Anubias Congensis
Anubias Short & Sharp

And for fish...
1 Electric Blue Acara
6 Silver Dollars
3 Pictus Catfish

Plant wise I'm waiting to see what does best - which will shape my next batch of purchases. But I'm leaning towards more different varieties of anubias (minima, nana etc)

Fish wise, not sure yet. Would appreciate some suggestions!

Reactions: Bertie07

Rollokola

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2018
I'm biased since they're one of my favorite L's, but a Sabaji pleco would be a nice addition :)

Plant wise, I don't know if you want more surface plants, but ferns work great in this kind of setup. Pilea peperomiodes too. Tank is looking great :)

(Any high humidity plant works of course but I'm guessing it will have a lid so I'm naming some lower more bushy plants, rather than the usual alocasia/ monstera etc.)

Reactions: Bluesandtwo

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
Thanks. So far for plants..
Tillandsia Bulbosa
Tillandsia Brachycaulos
Anubias Congensis
Anubias Short & Sharp

And for fish...
1 Electric Blue Acara
6 Silver Dollars
3 Pictus Catfish

Plant wise I'm waiting to see what does best - which will shape my next batch of purchases. But I'm leaning towards more different varieties of anubias (minima, nana etc)

Fish wise, not sure yet. Would appreciate some suggestions!
Are the silver dollars leaving the anubias alone?

Bluesandtwo

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2019
London UK
I'm biased since they're one of my favorite L's, but a Sabaji pleco would be a nice addition :)

Plant wise, I don't know if you want more surface plants, but ferns work great in this kind of setup. Pilea peperomiodes too. Tank is looking great :)

(Any high humidity plant works of course but I'm guessing it will have a lid so I'm naming some lower more bushy plants, rather than the usual alocasia/ monstera etc.)
Now this just may be me, but the common and bristlenose plecs I've had previously have just been poop machines - covering my substrate. For that reason they don't appeal to me anymore. Although a nice L would look nice and certainly suit the SA theme.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store