12 inch gar not eating

Dylz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2009
NYC/NJ
i tried frozen shrimp the talapia ate some but the gar wasnt into it. now hes up and down at the glass like he wants out.
tomorrow ill try krill.

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
all the evidence point to eitherr the tilapia beating on the gar/gar is feeling unsafe, or the water quality being poor. it will likely not feed, and you should figure out the problem and solve it even if it does.

Dylz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2009
NYC/NJ
yeah one would think but i have kept my eye on this tank for days and no aggression at all. the talapia grabs plants and throws them around the tank but nothing directed at the gar. and i know how to keep my water quality straight but ill do a water change and see what happens.

shua

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2009
kenmore wa
try blood worms its all my tillpia would eat and i had to hand feed him. oh and fruit snacks he loved fruit snacks

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
Dylz;3969660; said:
yeah one would think but i have kept my eye on this tank for days and no aggression at all. the talapia grabs plants and throws them around the tank but nothing directed at the gar. and i know how to keep my water quality straight but ill do a water change and see what happens.
that still could be stressing the gar and causing it not to eat

Dylz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2009
NYC/NJ
*update*
ok so i took out most of the plants the zebra was throwing around to try to eliminate stress on the gar.
the gar is eating he seems to really like the cichlid gold medium pellet for some reason and the talapia likes frozen shrimp.
i wanted to thank everyone for their insight.

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
That's good, especially the pellets. Just hope the butti doesn't start attacking the gar since it doesn't have plants to attack now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store