FishKid0978

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2018
Hello Everyone,
I recently got a 4x2x2 (120g/450l) And i'm not sure what to put in it. I have a firemouth cichlid that has to go in it but i dont really want a "community tank" so to say. My ideal stocking would be
2: Firemouth
3: Pictus Cats
1: Firemouth
1: Oscar
Tbh i really want a large sorta centerpiece fish thats alot bigger then the others and have a sorta personality ig, like a oscar. Would a oscar be able to fit in this tank with that stocking and if not what other large fish would you guy reccomend. TYSM

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hello Everyone,
I recently got a 4x2x2 (120g/450l) And i'm not sure what to put in it. I have a firemouth cichlid that has to go in it but i dont really want a "community tank" so to say. My ideal stocking would be
2: Firemouth
3: Pictus Cats
1: Firemouth
1: Oscar
Tbh i really want a large sorta centerpiece fish thats alot bigger then the others and have a sorta personality ig, like a oscar. Would a oscar be able to fit in this tank with that stocking and if not what other large fish would you guy reccomend. TYSM

What is your PH in your area? The 120 gallon is minimum for 1 mature Oscar.

Reactions: FishKid0978

FishKid0978

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2018
That would be great for some SA Cichlid species including a Oscar. The Firemouth would prefer a higher ph.
Hmmm, Ok do you think that stocking would work if the ph was a bit higher. Im just worryed that the tank isnt long enough

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hmmm, Ok do you think that stocking would work if the ph was a bit higher. Im just worryed that the tank isnt long enough
Your correct the dimension of the aquarium would be short for a Oscar. I apologize didn't notice the measurement thought it was a standard 120 gallon.

FishKid0978

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2018
Your correct the dimension of the aquarium would be short for a Oscar. I apologize didn't notice the measurement thought it was a standard 120 gallon.
All Good, DO you know any other larger fish that would go well? I was looking at either a jack dempsy or a severum

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
All Good, DO you know any other larger fish that would go well? I was looking at either a jack dempsy or a severum
A Severum will be perfect for the ph. The aquarium would probably be ok for only one and I personally would only add maybe dwarf Cichlids only. I'm tagging a experienced member who will give his recommendation ryansmith83 ryansmith83 .

FishKid0978

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2018
A Severum will be perfect for the ph. The aquarium would probably be ok for only one and I personally would only add maybe dwarf Cichlids only. I'm tagging a experienced member who will give his recommendation ryansmith83 ryansmith83 .
Ok, I have to put the firmeouth in but not instantly. Its in a 15g tank so it definitely has to be upgraded. I've always wanted a senegal bichir and pictus cats

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Ok, I have to put the firmeouth in but not instantly. Its in a 15g tank so it definitely has to be upgraded. I've always wanted a senegal bichir and pictus cats
A Senegal Bichir would work but can't defend itself against high aggressive tankmates. I personally had 4 live with a male Firemouth that's my avatar. The Firemouth got a little pushy after around 3yrs so removed him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store