125 Gal stocking Ideas

Teylem27

Feeder Fish
Nov 19, 2023
Bad News
I just went on a vacation to Costa Rica and returned to the worst possible news, the power went out overnight when nobody was home, all of my fish died besides a dither giant danio. 😢 I’m really heartbroken, I had those fish since they were tiny. I had a (Ornate Bichir, Oscar, Flagtail, Red Severum, and a Snyo). It really sucks because those fish were perfect together with no fighting whatsoever.

I would like to get it back up and running, but I would like some suggestions for fish that I can keep together. I’m aiming for around 4-5 big fish, like how I had previously. I also 100% want another Bichir. I like unique fish aswell. My filtration is good, I have an FX6 and a UV filter. Any suggestions? Thank you!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Bad News
I just went on a vacation to Costa Rica and returned to the worst possible news, the power went out overnight when nobody was home, all of my fish died besides a dither giant danio. 😢 I’m really heartbroken, I had those fish since they were tiny. I had a (Ornate Bichir, Oscar, Flagtail, Red Severum, and a Snyo). It really sucks because those fish were perfect together with no fighting whatsoever.

I would like to get it back up and running, but I would like some suggestions for fish that I can keep together. I’m aiming for around 4-5 big fish, like how I had previously. I also 100% want another Bichir. I like unique fish aswell. My filtration is good, I have an FX6 and a UV filter. Any suggestions? Thank you!
Sorry for the loss.
Welcome aboard

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Sorry to hear and welcome to the forum!
In my 125 I have a Jack Dempsey, Delhezi, convict, banded leporinus, raphael cat, bn pleco, 2 kribs, and dithers (Buenos Aires, Aussie rainbows, and a giant danio).
A bit heavily stocked and I may have to rethink things when the bichir gets bigger, but it’s working out so far and always very entertaining to watch.
I’d do something similar to before, with 1-2 medium-large cichlids, a bichir, and some dithers.
In my tank, most were from a long overdue upgrade, if I could start from scratch I’d probably do either a SA Cichlid community with a chocolate as the centerpiece or an African riverine setup.

Zmouvek

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2022
I wouldn't go with what Cichlaholics said, stick with what you know, bichir alll the way.

Cal Amari

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2023
+1 for the chccolate, maybe a few geos or smaller cichlids, could still do a bichir.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store