125 stock REVISED

devder1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2008
arizona
peewee;3487091; said:
that's what i'm saying.
My understanding is that lungfish spend a lot of their time curled up in a ball in the corner, and because of activity level don't need a ton of room
Also this tank only has to hold for 4 years

yogurt_21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2009
AZ, USA
any fish needs at least he ability to turn around comfortably which means 16" max size in a standard 125. my 125 has 2 oscars and a cpotted pleco with a wet/dry filtration. the stocking looks comfortable.

most large fish will outgrow a 125 in less than 2 years much less 4. Some will do so in 12mos or less.

I'd stick with fish that don't get so big unless you plan on upgrading to a 300 or larger next summer.

devder1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2008
arizona
yogurt_21;3487961; said:
any fish needs at least he ability to turn around comfortably which means 16" max size in a standard 125. my 125 has 2 oscars and a cpotted pleco with a wet/dry filtration. the stocking looks comfortable.

most large fish will outgrow a 125 in less than 2 years much less 4. Some will do so in 12mos or less.

I'd stick with fish that don't get so big unless you plan on upgrading to a 300 or larger next summer.
I understand this, I didn't open this thread to get talked down to
I do not see problems with this stocklist, but I may be way off, if u feel this way feel free to comment in an intelligent manner and state your opinion not say "don't get big fish"

mark razmandi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Houston, TX
devder1;3488296; said:
I understand this, I didn't open this thread to get talked down to
I do not see problems with this stocklist, but I may be way off, if u feel this way feel free to comment in an intelligent manner and state your opinion not say "don't get big fish"
um im pretty sure these people are more intellegent than you considering they know it will be over crowded with your stock list...dont post a thread if youre gonna cry when people disagree

devder1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2008
arizona
mark razmandi;3488317; said:
um im pretty sure these people are more intellegent than you considering they know it will be over crowded with your stock list...dont post a thread if youre gonna cry when people disagree
Once again I would like some concrete details here for example bigfishrcool wrote
Redhooks swim constantly and 6 or more 6" active fish are eventually going to need more space
He stated his opinion and gave details to back it up
If u feel it is overcrowded give details why you feel that

Nik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
USA
That tank will be insanely overstocked id go with the lima and a cuple bichirs and heroe cichlids.

superleggera123

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2009
Toronto
lima wont work
they could get big
my understanding is lungfish are VERY SLOW growers so it might work
send an email to king-el he will know!
otherwise i think your stocklist is not bad..
overstocking is not bad in every case
but you might need to upgrade later one

Citrinellus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
I would imagine the lung would have trouble competing for food with all the others.

Acura_RSX

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 30, 2008
Newfoundland, Canada
i agree with everyone about the lima .. i had a lima in my original stock list idea for a 155/180 but took it out because of size etc. just wouldnt work out well when it gets big. even with 24 or 26" wide .. its possible but ya. for the 180 my stock list is looking like:

2x or 3x bichirs (2x albino sens and a del i believe)
1x silver aro .. possibly
1x florida gar (or 2x if i decide against the aro)
maybe 1x or 2x pbass .. not positive yet but was lookig for something relatively middle of the tank.
and still debating some sort of catfish for the bottom but dont think i'll be going with a lima.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store