125g first salt

KellyFrancis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2012
Somerset WI
Not if he wants eels, Runitits. Most eels will eat whatever fits in their mouths. He wouldn't be guaranteed to be safe. That's why I'm all about G Melatremus. He's too small to eat anything in my tank! :D

KellyFrancis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2012
Somerset WI
And I love my gars but after losing a florida and a spot to a filter turning off and causing an ammonia spike, which then caused a hierarchy shift and my largest fl breaking my sng's back(killing it) and one of my other fl's back(still alive) iv just decided to try something anew. Iv always wanted morays so....
That sucks!! *hugs* I remember when Scott went through all his fishy nonsense. Even though they weren't my fish, I felt the blow. Can only imagine how he felt. Its hard to lost a pet, in whatever shape it comes in.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
That sucks!! *hugs* I remember when Scott went through all his fishy nonsense. Even though they weren't my fish, I felt the blow. Can only imagine how he felt. Its hard to lost a pet, in whatever shape it comes in.
Esp when its my precious gars :(

The more I read the more I want to go with fimbriated moray. Should get nice size, nice aggression, beautiful and hardy. Could easily do 2 in my tank, and possibly include a snowflake if I want. Or 1/1(probably this option)

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Esp when its my precious gars :(

The more I read the more I want to go with fimbriated moray. Should get nice size, nice aggression, beautiful and hardy. Could easily do 2 in my tank, and possibly include a snowflake if I want. Or 1/1(probably this option)
Yeah that sucks. Morays are cool. Believe it or not I have thought about selling the collection and doing something different. I havent yet because I know once I sell, I'll regret it and want them back. I have kinda been going in a keeping down swing. Just had a bad batch of prime give just about everything I have fungus. Proved it was the prime when the only tanks not affected were the ones I didn't change with that bottle. Then I mixed up the bottle on a WC with my Lima cats and they instantly shed slim coat. Changed it with the good bottle and they stopped. Lost a lot of fish due to that damn bottle.

Anyway good luck with you salt venture. As long as you have a labyrinth of rock you should be able do do several eels.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
Yeah im thinking 2/1 fim to sf. Should be pretty and still have the moray attitude I seek.

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
I just did the best of both worlds - 210 salty, 180 Dats, Cats, Odes, 150 Caribes - No laws saying you can't have monsterfish and sw fish in the same house to be quite honest I prefer the 2 footers to the lil' colorful buggers anyday - less work + money

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
Fimbriatus are really cool aggressive eels...I've had mine about 2 years. It is one of the smaller piscivorous eels. Something like black edge moray would be a better tankmate than snowflake, although it will work as long as snowflake is bigger

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
Fimbriatus are really cool aggressive eels...I've had mine about 2 years. It is one of the smaller piscivorous eels. Something like black edge moray would be a better tankmate than snowflake, although it will work as long as snowflake is bigger
Black lines are beautiful!! Thanks for the tip. But one would run me the same as a third fim. Sfe is cheap enough to add sone variety but if it doesnt work its not a huge loss. I shall consider it.

Any pics of urs? How aggressive is it?

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
Black lines are beautiful!! Thanks for the tip. But one would run me the same as a third fim. Sfe is cheap enough to add sone variety but if it doesnt work its not a huge loss. I shall consider it.

Any pics of urs? How aggressive is it?
Our black edge is one of out least aggressive. And also the most active one with the best personality.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store