Canada... i wish.
Nice. F gars or gars in general are great fish to keep

iloveoscars702

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2008
Canada... i wish.
MeAko;4328612; said:
Would a 17" Florida Gar be okay with my pond's stocklist?
id be cautious with the frt. but otherwise it should be fine.

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
My fly river turtle decimated the back fins of pretty much all my gars before I moved it. They are still growing back.

MeAko

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Manila, Phillipines
Oh, my FRT is a certified sissy. He has shown tremendous courtesy and I have never seen him even try to nip at anybody. In fact, the kois, ray and ID sharks are the ones that steal food from him right under his nose or in his mouth.

There was this one time, he was floating near the surface eating pellets. When the 30" silver aro came by to investigate, the FRT just continued eating, when a pellet floated close to the silver's face and the FRT floated to his direction to take the pellet, the silver aro gnarled at him big time.

Poor FRT: so gentle--yet so misunderstood.

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
MeAko;4331347; said:
Oh, my FRT is a certified sissy. He has shown tremendous courtesy and I have never seen him even try to nip at anybody. In fact, the kois, ray and ID sharks are the ones that steal food from him right under his nose or in his mouth.

There was this one time, he was floating near the surface eating pellets. When the 30" silver aro came by to investigate, the FRT just continued eating, when a pellet floated close to the silver's face and the FRT floated to his direction to take the pellet, the silver aro gnarled at him big time.

Poor FRT: so gentle--yet so misunderstood.
My FRT was the same way until I tried keeping it with gars. Others have reciprocated that there is something about the gars that draws the FRT's interest. Likely the fact that they don't move much and rest on the bottom.

Try it if you want, but I thought my FRT was a gentle giant as well (still is with other fish) but he hit four gars in about a week and I'm not talking about frayed fins, I'm talking about half of tail fins missing.

scalesandfins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
sportsmans paradise
i love my gar and its amazing how much more personality they get when you hav emore than one :)

MeAko

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Manila, Phillipines
Madding;4332458; said:
My FRT was the same way until I tried keeping it with gars. Others have reciprocated that there is something about the gars that draws the FRT's interest. Likely the fact that they don't move much and rest on the bottom.

Try it if you want, but I thought my FRT was a gentle giant as well (still is with other fish) but he hit four gars in about a week and I'm not talking about frayed fins, I'm talking about half of tail fins missing.
Thanks for the input, I will keep that in mind.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store